• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

szaromir

Banned
Murray won against Fed on that court for the third time in the row. It should be an interesting match tomorrow.

Djoker is all but confirmed as YE #1.

szaromir

Banned
Djokovic had the set wrapped up at 5-4* 0-30, but made a couple of UEs and now Murray is serving for the match. Lots of turnarounds in this set.

So in January I made a bet for $5 with my best friend that Murray wouldn't win a major this year (Olympics didn't count). I was looking pretty good until the US open and we all know what happened next.

Anyway, I came good since I lost (only people in AU might get it)

c1990 uncirculated. Now he won't want to ever spend it, and he'll always remember how he got it. He thought it was hilarious.

bet.jpg

Akito

Murray had plenty of chances and couldn't take it, epic comeback from Djokovic at the end of the second set, it was an excellent match.

congrats to djoker. deserves to hold no.1, i doubt fed really cares about YE#1 that much. i never got why it's an important thing anyway with the way the Tennis ranking works.

Akira

congrats to djoker. deserves to hold no.1, i doubt fed really cares about YE#1 that much. i never got why it's an important thing anyway with the way the Tennis ranking works.

Because it's (arguably) a good measure of who had the best year ranking wise.

Akito

Almost forgot about the Azarenka-Görges final in Linz, Azarenka's about to choke away the second set, Görges won the last 4 games and it's 5-4 now, I hope for a third set here as well

Congrats to Djoker, great comeback. Shame Murray didn't convert any of his match points though.

There are no ATP tournaments between ATP Finals and January/l.

there is also the davis cup. even if you don't play it there is only about 3 weeks in which you don't play tournaments as a top pro, hardly time to get shit done. other sports have months off to almost a half year.

::

on another note: i personally wished Roger good luck for Basel today and shook his hand. i'm smitten <3

Top Bottom