• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Welp, he definitely had his chances unlike Globox predicted, just didn't have the mental stability to take them in the end. Produced a really high level of tennis out there overall and especially in the first set. Quality all-court, varied play. A couple of sick 1HBH's down the line.

It seems the workers at atpworldtour.com are still on holiday. I can't track live scores of Sydney or Auckland. The website seemingly hasn't adjusted to the 2013 season.

qindarka

Banned
Welp, he definitely had his chances unlike Globox predicted, just didn't have the mental stability to take them in the end. Produced a really high level of tennis out there overall and especially in the first set. Quality all-court, varied play. A couple of sick 1HBH's down the line.

Really impressed with his play. Hopefully he can make it to to the R16 of the AO at least.

Quick question TennisGAF, anyone still have their nike andre agassi gear from the 90s?

My dad just pulled out his old polos and short shorts. lol

Globox_82

Banned
nole-melb-tren-2013-01.jpg

nole-melb-tren-2013-02.jpg

nole-melb-tren-2013-04.jpg

nole-melb-tren-2013-05.jpg

From today

Wes

venison crêpe
My waifu Lauren Davis won her first round match today in New Zealand! Now that she's in the top 100, she won't even need to qualify for the AO

A good time for US and GB young womens tennis? Who would've thunk it! Robson and Watson both in the top 50 too.

Good times.

Holy crap is Ashley Harkleroad REALLY a permanent color commentator for Tennis channel? Just a couple years ago Pam Shriver and Mary Carillo were trashing her for posing nude for playboy, now she joins the team. I don't like her so far, she sounds like a soft squeaky mouse which isn't appealing as a commentator.

Holy crap, I thought you said your wife at first, I was about to say hook GAF up :lol

She's the most adorable player on tour I wish I could hook my self up! Pocket Rocket Cibulkova has nothing on this petite powerhouse ( in attractiveness that is, still working on that ranking ).

A good time for US and GB young womens tennis? Who would've thunk it! Robson and Watson both in the top 50 too.

Good times.

Yeah I thought Christina McHale would take over as the post-williams sister American star, but its looking like Sloane Stevens will be assuming that role soon. Ironically, Slone Stevens and Lauren Davis face off in the QF later today in Hobart. Christina was bounced by Li Na a couple days ago at that tournament

szaromir

Banned
Is this forum where we just post news? In that case why are you posting a comment and asking a question?
I simply don't understand why you brought these photos to our attention. Surely anyone interested can find generic Djokovic photos without any difficulties.

Yeah I thought Christina McHale would take over as the post-williams sister American star, but its looking like Sloane Stevens will be assuming that role soon. Ironically, Slone Stevens and Lauren Davis face off in the QF later today in Hobart. Christina was bounced by Li Na a couple days ago at that tournament
Madison Keys looked very promising earlier today. Not sure about Stephens or McHale, they might hit top 10 at one point but who knows.

Globox_82

Banned
I simply don't understand why you brought these photos to our attention. Surely anyone interested can find generic Djokovic photos without any difficulties.

you didn't respond to my question
, that means you are trolling.

Pictures are from practice on Rod Laver arena, you know AO that starts next week. Not generic picture from 2010. Keep on trolling, I will keep on posting what ever I like and is allowed.

szaromir

Banned

you didn't respond to my question
, that means you are trolling.

Pictures are from practice on Rod Laver arena, you know AO that starts next week. Not generic picture from 2010. Keep on trolling, I will keep on posting what ever I like and is allowed.
I responded to your questions indirectly.

Obviously it's a message board so people can post a wide variety of content, from their reflections to questions to various news and multimedia. But I would prefer if there was a specific reason to any of those things.

And yeah these photos are generic Djokovic photos, the background is blurred out. Good that he's ready for AO, I guess.

edit: ridiculous lob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dref0pO_O48#!

Globox_82

Banned
I responded to your questions indirectly.

Obviously it's a message board so people can post a wide variety of content, from their reflections to questions to various news and multimedia. But I would prefer if there was a specific reason to any of those things.

And yeah these photos are generic Djokovic photos, the background is blurred out. Good that he's ready for AO, I guess.

edit: ridiculous lob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dref0pO_O48#!

then if you know that it is allowed to post pictures, you shouldn't ask stupid questions only to later contradict yourself . generic or not, just skip them if it bothers you.

Globox_82

Banned
John Isner Withdraws From Australian Open

World No. 13 and top-ranked American John Isner has withdrawn from next week's Australian Open with a knee injury.

"I am extremely disappointed to announce that I have to withdraw from the Australian Open. I have been feeling some discomfort in my knee and have recently learned that I have a bone bruise," Isner said on Thursday.

"My doctors have told me that continuing to play on the knee could result in a more serious injury, so I have regrettably decided not to compete in Melbourne and use the time to fully recover."
The 27 year-old's best result at the Australian Open is a fourth round appearance in 2010.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/01/Features/Isner-Withdraws-From-Australian-Open.aspx

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
They've had a pretty good run in the past. They have cumulatively the most weeks at no.1 and have produced so many great players. Probably on par with Australia as the most successful tennis nation.

Hahaha yeah I know, I am just mostly kidding anyways.

But you can't possibly deny that things aren't looking good for the US right now.

Well I guess countries like Switzerland actually has it worse since they only have two men there although one of them is arguably one of the best of all time....

szaromir

Banned
They've had a pretty good run in the past. They have cumulatively the most weeks at no.1 and have produced so many great players. Probably on par with Australia as the most successful tennis nation.

I would put Czech Republic up there.

I think most of future tennis stars (men or women) won't start breaking through until they're 23-25yo., apparently both the more physical nature of the game as well as the new ranking system (in place since 2009) prevent that, so the crop of American players such as Harrison, McHale, Stephens might still prove reasonably successful in future.
Thanks for the heads up!

JuergenUF

Neo Member
I doubt if anyone from outside the top 4 make it to the semis. I was sort of rooting for Nishikori, and witnessed the sad sad match last night. Ugghhh.... he does not play well angry.

Does anyone remember Robbie Genepri? I feel bad for him. He was once a US Open semi-finalist, and a couple years ago his ranking dropped so low he was only able to play Challenger tournament. NOW his ranking has dropped even lower and he's currently trying to make a living in the Futures tournaments ( which isn't possible unless you win every single one ) he lost in the semis of last weeks futures tournament in Weston Florida.

One thing that's glaringly obvious, is that he didn't have a fall back plan after his tennis career ended, so he has no other choice but to make pennies playing this kind of tennis. Poor guy

IISANDERII

Does anyone remember Robbie Genepri? I feel bad for him. He was once a US Open semi-finalist, and a couple years ago his ranking dropped so low he was only able to play Challenger tournament. NOW his ranking has dropped even lower and he's currently trying to make a living in the Futures tournaments ( which isn't possible unless you win every single one ) he lost in the semis of last weeks futures tournament in Weston Florida.

One thing that's glaringly obvious, is that he didn't have a fall back plan after his tennis career ended, so he has no other choice but to make pennies playing this kind of tennis. Poor guy
Why didn't he save some money?

MIMIC

Banned
Ferrer's officially the No. 4 player. Given his rise, it's entirely possible for Federer, Nadal AND Djokovic to all land on the same side of the draw come Roland Garros.

Murray would have to replace Federer as the No. 2 player, though. And that can totally happen, seeing as how Murray defends substantially less points than Federer between now and then. And if that happens (assuming that the RG seeds are based solely on rank), Djokovic or Fed could play Nadal in the quarters, and then each other in the semis @_@

It would be the worst slam draw ever.

Top Bottom