• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

MIMIC

Banned
Just watched the replay.

Djokovic def. Berdych 7-5, 6-3

qHbVF77.gif

Certinty

Would love Novak to win Roland Garros and have the chance at a calendar slam. If he somehow does do it it'll arguably be the greatest achievement ever in sport I reckon.

Still a long way to go but he's definitely favourite for Roland Garros at the moment, Wimbledon will be the hardest though of course if he does win Roland Garros.

zero_suit

Would love Novak to win Roland Garros and have the chance at a calendar slam. If he somehow does do it it'll arguably be the greatest achievement ever in sport I reckon.

Still a long way to go but he's definitely favourite for Roland Garros at the moment, Wimbledon will be the hardest though of course if he does win Roland Garros.

No, but maybe men's tennis.

MIMIC

Banned
I don't even care if he wins Wimbledon....just as long as he wins RG
XPFzWOc.gif

He'll probably get beat by Fed or Murray at Wimbledon anyway. But if by some huge stoke of luck that he DOES win RG and Wimbledon, I'll probably die of suspense waiting for the U.S. Open to start.

Globox_82

Banned
I don't even care if he wins Wimbledon....just as long as he wins RG
XPFzWOc.gif

He'll probably get beat by Fed or Murray at Wimbledon anyway. But if by some huge stoke of luck that he DOES win RG and Wimbledon, I'll probably die of suspense waiting for the U.S. Open to start.

If Novak wins RG he will win W as well. He will gain so much confidence and aura that he will be unstoppable. USO is ? that is where he starts to run low on fuel. 1/4 in Finals. There is a reason for that. I think he should skip Cincy this year. But he said it is on his list to win this year (played final 5 times I think).

Also I think Novak only played at 70-80% in Dubai. Most of his team was not with him this week. I don't think he wants to peak just yet. I think he aims to peak in Miami, going into MC.

qindarka

Banned
I'm really starting to get annoyed with Ferrer. It's utterly disgraceful that the World number 5 (now 4) capitulates so badly against the top players.

Watch him turn it around now to make me look like an idiot.

MIMIC

Banned
I'm really starting to get annoyed with Ferrer. It's utterly disgraceful that the World number 5 (now 4) capitulates so badly against the top players.

Watch him turn it around now to make me look like an idiot.

Less than 0 chance if that happening.

Number of times the top guys have bageled Ferrer:

Djokovic: 1
Federer: 1
Nadal: 3

MIMIC

Banned
Gulbis and ERV tied at 5-5. Have exchanged about 4 breaks. ERV served for the set at 5*-4, and then Gulbis remembered that he was the GOAT and didn't let him win it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Gulbis and ERV tied at 5-5. Have exchanged about 4 breaks. ERV served for the set at 5*-4, and then Gulbis remembered that he was the GOAT and didn't let him win it.

Lol I didn't even realize Isner didn't make that final. Dude is complete garbage.

cdkee

Banned

I think Fed doesn't get the credit he deserves on clay, just because Nadal was so good. Fed is an excellent clay court player, I'd put him or Novak as the favorites.

Anybody have any insight on who is gonna win the BNP Paribas Showdown tomorrow @ the Garden?

Is it a Nadal blowout or is it more in favor of Del Po cause it's hardcourt?

Where are you guys able to watch these matches?

I watched Gulbis' match on Tennis channel today.

I was thinkin about that too cause Tomic beat Novak in an exhibition and nobody cared except for Tomic lol.

Yeah and retired Andy Roddick beat Andy Murray a couple months ago as well. Pete Sampras beat Federer a couple years ago in an exo. The player who doesn't care the least will win the match

So Nadal is playing that exhibition tonight? (I just now found out that it was taking place, lol. I'm slippin)

Yup Vika v Serena first followed by Rafa v. Del Potro.

I don't know much about exhibition tennis, but I just heard that they're only playing 1 set and it's more for entertainment where they try to do trickshots and stuff and keep the game close. I'd rather watch a real match tbh. It's at the garden though, so that should be interesting.

Top Bottom