• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Globox_82

Banned
BEiNg5UCcAAv-KJ.jpg:large

nole-sampras-laexo02.jpg

and interview from LA game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5iucWCJkLzM

EDIT:Rafa vs Delpo, can't wait to see Rafa taking it too seriously....

Didn't realize Nadal vs. Delpo was going to be broadcast on ESPN2. First exhibition I can recall getting televised.

edit: oh crap, womens basketball going into overtime

MIMIC

Banned
double overtime

WHY NOT?

Call it a fucking tie. Jesus.

EDIT: Thank God. It's airing on ESPNews (until the basketball game is over)

Wish I could find video of Serena being denied from taking a pic of Tiger at the tee during the weekend. It was pretty funny

edit: 1st set to Delpo. Really hope Nadal doesn't lose to that fraud

Certinty

Quarter-Final predictions?

What I would like:
Djokovic vs Tsonga
Ferrer vs Del Potro
Murray vs Nadal
Federer vs Berdych

But that obviously won't happen, no doubt Nadal will draw Ferrer, no?

Globox_82

Banned
Djokovic and Murray in top half. Federer and Ferrer in bottom half. Nadal lands in...Federer's quarter.

IW #ATP projected QFs: Djokovic-Tsonga, Murray-Del Potro, Ferrer-Berdych, Federer-Nadal.

1. Novak Djokovic is in the same half as Andy Murray
2. Roger Federer is in the same half as David Ferrer.
3. Projected Quarterfinals:

Djokovic/Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Murray/Juan Martin Del Potro
Ferrer/Tomas Berdych
Federer/RAFAEL NADAL

4. Projected Fourth Round Matches:

Djokovic/Juan Monaco
Tsonga/Marin Cilic
Murray/Kei Nishikori
Del Potro/Nicolas Almagro
Ferrer/Gilles Simon
Berdych/Richard Gasquet
Federer/John Isner
Nadal/Tipsarevic.

5. First round match-ups of note:

Lleyton Hewitt/Lukas Rosol
Nikolay Davydenko/Paul-Henri Mathieu
Thomaz Bellucci/Bernard Tomic.

good draw for Roger, if he can't beat rafa here, not sure when he will. and rafa might not even make it to the QF

Certinty

Am quite surprised Indian Wells started with the bottom half. Would have though if the Federer vs Nadal Quarter-Final were to happen it would be a Friday night match, but clearly not.

Both of the Britone female phenoms Laura Robson and Heather Watson have been bounced in the first round. 16 year old American Taylor Townsend won her first round match vs. top 60 Hradecka.

edit: Holy crap I just read Townsend wasn't allowed to play in last years Junior US Open because she was too fat!!! USTA thinks she's a fatso

That's Patric McEnore for you, piece of shit with a little man AND a little bro complex is destroying what little chance US tennis has of succeeding...

szaromir

Banned
Both of the Britone female phenoms Laura Robson and Heather Watson have been bounced in the first round. 16 year old American Taylor Townsend won her first round match vs. top 60 Hradecka.

edit: Holy crap I just read Townsend wasn't allowed to play in last years Junior US Open because she was too fat!!! USTA thinks she's a fatso
That was preposterous, even though she was too fat. She has lost some pounds since then though. Good win in the opening rround.

szaromir

Banned
The first ATP 1000 event with first round coverage is the one i'll dub the 5th slam. ball is in your court organizers
I think all of them have it except Indian Wells and Miami...
By comparison, Australian Open this year gave fans live streaming of qualifications on youtube. Obviously different class of tournaments but it just shows that some events go out of their way to satisfy fans, others seem to be doing way less than they should. But I've heard both Indian Wells and Miami are great tournaments to actually be at.

I think all of them have it except Indian Wells and Miami...
By comparison, Australian Open this year gave fans live streaming of qualifications on youtube. Obviously different class of tournaments but it just shows that some events go out of their way to satisfy fans, others seem to be doing way less than they should. But I've heard both Indian Wells and Miami are great tournaments to actually be at.

Actually, there is coverage today. First round match of James Blake v. Robin Hasse coming up next on the tennis channel.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Crazy. It's a good thing Marion Bartoli isn't American, I guess.

The French fuck with Bartoli too. Couldn't play in the Olympics because her father is her coach and is not a French Federation one. Such bullshit.

MIMIC

Banned
So I was wrong: Rafa's back on the hard stuff.

He's playing Harrison. It's all tied up at 4-4 (after Harrison broke back at 4*-2 and then held).

And LMAO, Harrison truly does have the worst luck when it comes to draws.

MIMIC

Banned
Gulbis is about to BAGEL Tipsarevic @_@

5-0

EDIT: 6-2, 6-0

Ernests' tournament to lose now :)

He's currently on a 12-match win streak:

Delray Beach
1. - Q1: def. Daniel Kosakowski
2. - Q2: def. Illya Marchenko
3. - Q3: def. Denys Molchanov
4. - R1: def. James Blake
5. - R2: def. Sam Querrey
6. - QF: def. Daniel Munoz-De La Nava
7. - SF: def. Tommy Haas
8. - F: def. Edouard Roger-Vasselin (3rd career title)
Indian Wells
9. - Q1: def. Christian Harrison
10. - Q2: def. Olivier Rochus
11. - R1: def. Feliciano Lopez
12. - R2: def. Janko Tipsarevic

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Gulbis no longer beating dat ass already

Edit: and loses the first set. Derp.

Edit2: Looks like he's got this. Nadal (likely) next :D

MIMIC

Banned
Gulbis extends winning streak to 13:

Delray Beach
1. - Q1: def. Daniel Kosakowski
2. - Q2: def. Illya Marchenko
3. - Q3: def. Denys Molchanov
4. - R1: def. James Blake
5. - R2: def. (23)Sam Querrey
6. - QF: def. Daniel Munoz-De La Nava
7. - SF: def. (19)Tommy Haas
8. - F: def. Edouard Roger-Vasselin (3rd career title)
Indian Wells
9. - Q1: def. Christian Harrison
10. - Q2: def. Olivier Rochus
11. - R1: def. Feliciano Lopez
12. - R2: def. (9)Janko Tipsarevic
13. - R3: def. (20)Seppi

Just another day at the office.

Top Bottom