• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

szaromir

Banned
Courts are extremely slow, let Haas play steady/consistent ball and Djokovic was too impatient. Watched the replay yesterday and that was what it basically came down to. Haas played well, but Djokovic did not.

Since when are slow courts to anyone but Djoker's/Nadal's advantage? :lol

Murray/Haas final please. Though at USO Cilic nearly took 2 sets off Murray before folding, maybe he wins today.

LuuKyK

Sugarpova completely destroyed The Empress. lmao Good luck winning some games against Serena, Maria.

Now onto rooting for Berdych. I want a final with him and Haas.

szaromir

Banned
That's the form Sharapova usually gets her in. Azarenka and some other players have been fortunate to usually get the mentally weak version of Serena

I don't think Serena is in a great form. She looked great against Radwanska because she gives Serena so much time to prepare for her shots.
That said, Serena never has any trouble returning Sharapova's serve or staying in rallies with her, and her serve was clicking yesterday, so I do expect the usual beatdown. Olympics style scoreline would be icing on the cake, but you can't have everything I guess.

Gasquet was really impressive against Berdych. That said, he was serving all the time to Berdych's forehand and Berdych was still not covering that wing. Ridiculous.

MIMIC

Banned
This has been a great match so far.

Maria not missing, displaying some great defense and Serena getting angry and going for more of her shots.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I tuned in during the second set just as Sharapova broke to take the lead. Thought it was her day. And then came the next 9 games.

MIMIC

Banned
Serena's the perfect competitor. She doesn't get tight when she's down. She gets LOOSE. And I would say that it's even more commendable to do it against a person like Maria, who doesn't give anybody an inch.

LuuKyK

What a comeback! Serena is truly a legend. Well, at least the first set was the best fight these two have put together with some amazing shots, and at least Maria managed to get a set so it was not the typical beatdown. Sharapova had the break at 3-2 in the second set and was serving to open 4-2, I think at that point she realized she was playing against her nemesis and then Serena was already in her head to never leave til the end of the game. All and all, it was an interesting final. Now onto the clay season.

Top Bottom