• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Didn't they do a quicklook of the Samsun Galaxy S III?

I can't find it on the website (which doesn't mean anything of course lol) or on the youtube channel.
Maybe not quite the same but I took a quick look at one while I was in an AT&T store at the weekend. Decided the lock screen needed some beautification.

2L4V2.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Maybe not quite the same but I took a quick look at one while I was in an AT&T store at the weekend. Decided the lock screen needed some beautification.

2L4V2.jpg

Hahaha yeah I saw that when you posted it on Twitter, amazing.

I just watched the engaget video. I've been on iphone for 2 years now (work phone) and I never touched an android. It look interesting. I like the feature that uses to front facing camera to detect if you are looking at the screen to prevent it from turning off automatically while you are reading something. Neat little idea.

I like the feature that uses to front facing camera to detect if you are looking at the screen to prevent it from turning off automatically while you are reading something. Neat little idea.

It is a neat idea, but I think it's trying to solve a problem that never existed. I can't think of an instance where my phone screen went to autosleep while I was trying to use it.

It is a neat idea, but I think it's trying to solve a problem that never existed. I can't think of an instance where my phone screen went to autosleep while I was trying to use it.
This has been the problem with companies like Samsung for a while now; loading up their products with gimmicky features without any real thought for whether or not it's something users actually want. It all looks great in brochures/commercials though.

eznark

Banned
Also note taking. Which is obviously less of a big deal on a phone. My iPad goes to lock if I'm not careful while in meetings and its annoying as hell.

This has been the problem with companies like Samsung for a while now; loading up their products with gimmicky features without any real thought for whether or not it's something users actually want.

oh come on, at this point, you really need some sick ass gimmicks to sell a new phone. What else is there?

phones are all crazy power now, which makes the difference in snappiness less noticeable, and most missing features are found on the app store.

Isn't one of the key features of both ios 6 and jelly bean, freaking panorama pictures? There's been apps for that in the app store since iphone 3g.

meh. I really do hope the big thing for iphone 6 in 2 years is not just a bigger screen and maybe nfc.

eznark

Banned
You know that's configurable in Settings, right?

It'd be nice to not have to worry about it. Like the Do Not Disturb function. Sure I could mute and unmute my phone but its nice that there is the new feature in iOS 6 (also hilarious that its the only good thing about 6) that automates it.

Megasoum

Banned
This has been the problem with companies like Samsung for a while now; loading up their products with gimmicky features without any real thought for whether or not it's something users actually want. It all looks great in brochures/commercials though.

Oh you mean like Siri or a proprietary plug that doesn't add anything but force you to buy a ton of overpriced accessories?

Sorry lol, it was too easy

Oh you mean like Siri or a proprietary plug that doesn't add anything but force you to buy a ton of overpriced accessories?

Sorry lol, it was too easy
Siri is useful, especially now it's tied into navigation. I've used it a bunch this past week and it's been great, far more useful than my old Garmin unit.

Lightning is overpriced but an improvement over the old cable in many ways, and one that was long overdue in any case.

it only seemed easy because your argument was weak

Siri is useful, especially now it's tied into navigation. I've used it a bunch this past week and it's been great, far more useful than my old Garmin unit.

Lightning is overpriced but an improvement over the old cable in many ways, and one that was long overdue in any case.

don't have a 5 yet, but besides the 'plug in any direction' whats better compare to 30 pin?

mkenyon

Banned

For it to be useful, navigation would need to use a decent maps system. Woohoo for a strictly regulated app store!

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Talking to a computer to make it search things and junk.. I just can't do that at this point. Maybe Siri is ready, but I'm not ready. I don't want to do it at all. I can't get used to the process of it. I'm already annoyed when a computer voice on the phone asks me who I want to talk to, and that works perfectly fine nowadays.

I guess that's what old people feel like when they're being introduced to a webcam.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

It is a real problem if you are just reading a long page and set your screen timeout to the lowest possible setting for battery life.

eznark

Banned
Like everyone else I used Siri for a week when the 4s came out then promptly forgot it existed. I tried it again when iOS 6 came out and while it has more features and integration, it seems to be even worse at connecting and worse at recognizing what I say. I don't trust the maps so I won't use it for navigation so to me it's still totally useless.

Fox Mulder

My phone does it after a full screen video finishes if it came from a YouTube link. I don't really think it's a dumb gimmick, just nothing to really tout as a major thing.

It is a real problem if you are just reading a long page and set your screen timeout to the lowest possible setting for battery life.

I'd imagine it would be better for battery life to up the timeout to 2 or 3 minutes than to constantly have the front camera on to check if your reading or watching something. Having the camera on a lot was always a quick way to kill the battery on my iPhone 4.

eznark

Banned
My phone does it after a full screen video finishes if it came from a YouTube link. I don't really think it's a dumb gimmick, just nothing to really tout as a major thing.

I don't think calling it a "neat little idea" is really touting it as a major thing. Clearly it's not as revolutionary as piping sound directly into your ear.

Jintor

And that's why you need dat god combo

/edit goddamnit gary you're an enabler. I REALLY CAN'T AFFORD ANY STAR WARS LEGO

Azar

The staged finale where they faked drama to get more hits. The fact that they destroyed almost what...2 months (?) of work just to have a chance to be on the front of Reddit.
The Star Destroyer was literally rebuilt the next day. It's doing just fine.

jT7Neia5s8Zoo.JPG

Fox Mulder

The staged finale where they faked drama to get more hits. The fact that they destroyed almost what...2 months (?) of work just to have a chance to be on the front of Reddit.

I enjoyed it, as It was fun to see and something none of us would ever do, like taking apart an iPad.

The sets were rebuilt pretty quickly as well.

Top Bottom