• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Yeah, if you're looking for games. Most other apps exist and are great on Android. I don't know who these people are that are using unbelievable amounts of apps.

I almost took the plunge on an iPad over my Nexus 7, but paying $300 more just to play more board games on it wasn't worth it, I think. I may regret the decision eventually.

Carcassonne would have been worth it. So good.

Fox Mulder

I have an ipad for any interesting games. For a phone, all the apps you could ever want are still on android. Maybe even Windows Phone. It's no longer a selling feature. While IOS6 feels like a Siri level of fail without one compelling feature. Just more garbage, though most of it is optional.

yeah, I get the best of both worlds. I use my ipad for browsing at home and playing compelling games from the superior app market. I also have a superior android phone that has all the necessary apps I need. Competent turn by turn navigation by Google is the primary reason I've stayed with android, and Apple has still given no reason to change that.

Will's mystification over a electric lantern is so weird.

LED lanterns have been in sporting good sections for years. I got one years ago for storms, but it just doesn't look like an olde time lantern for hipsters.

eznark

Banned
So the one feature I was super pumped for in iOS 6, that dedicated child mode, is totally broken. Awesome.

Best update ever...

netBuff

That's one of the few that IS in the Play store.

Carcassonne for iOS (by the Coding Monkeys) and Carcassonne for Android (by Exozet Games) are two unrelated products. People praising the great work that went into Carcassonne for iOS aren't lauding the Android-version as well (I don't know if Exozets game is any good as I haven't played it).

The reason both games are called the same is the fact that both companies have licensed the board game by the German publisher "Hans im Glück"

Carcassonne for iOS (by the Coding Monkeys) and Carcassonne for Android (by Exozet Games) are two unrelated products. People praising the great work that went into Carcassonne for iOS aren't lauding the Android-version as well (I don't know if Exozets game is any good as I haven't played it).

The reason both games are called the same is the fact that they have licensed the board game by the German publisher "Hans im Glück"

Hmm. Well, I've never played the real version either, so I'm not concerned.

I have Spacechem and Uplink!

panda21

I was cringing the whole time they listed all the new features of iOS6. I think that every one of them is something I've been able to do on Android for a while now. Aside from App Store size, I really don't see why someone would choose iPhone over a good Android phone. That's why I was somewhat dismayed that they didn't even offer it as a suggestion to Brad last week.

i thought the latest podcast was fine with that stuff. they pretty much said that ios 6 was a disappointment, and were totally open about some of it being a bit rubbish.

Had a good laugh during the internet question on last weeks podcast. Guys, all transmissions are analog phenomenon. The signal (that is analog) is pushed out via DAC then converted back via ADC. So yes, the comment about wires is true for most wired internet. But all the 4G/LTE/3G/wifi are all analog signals.

Looks like the liquid nitrogen videos will be going up this week. Will just linked to a liquid nitrogen video on the site, so hopefully the Tested's own ones will follow soon.

Vyer

Yeah, if you're looking for games. Most other apps exist and are great on Android. I don't know who these people are that are using unbelievable amounts of apps.

I almost took the plunge on an iPad over my Nexus 7, but paying $300 more just to play more board games on it wasn't worth it, I think. I may regret the decision eventually.

The Nexus 7 is awesome and a great little tablet. But having it and an ios device, and I can still say the app store is a major advantage imo. Games are a given of course. But I can look at the App Store and anything that I might be interested in checking out are really hit or miss in the Play Store. Other things just don't seem to have the same feature set. There's an LG remote app for my TV that for some reason is much less responsive on Android than iOS. The DirecTV app on android doesn't let you watch live tv (and doesn't seem to have a tablet version). HBOGO was delayed on my N7 (though it seems to work well now at least). Facebook was rebuilt for iOS weeks ago while the Android update still isn't ready. Some of Google's own apps (and MS apps) have actually come to iOS first. And then obviously there are other elements if you have other ios devices, like airplay.

A big part of it might be presentation. The layout/suggestions/featured sections of the play store on the N7 are really poor and don't do a good job at all of highlighting a large amount of stuff available (if it is).

the app store/ecosystem advantage is definitely there and in all honesty if you add in games it's not even very close.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've unsubscribed from the podcast in futile protest until the Untitled Savage thing gets its own feed. Too many unplayed podcasts shitting up my automated podcast downloading app.

This is serious business people.

I've unsubscribed from the podcast in futile protest until the Untitled Savage thing gets its own feed. Too many unplayed podcasts shitting up my automated podcast downloading app.

But Untitled is the best thing to come out of Tested that doesn't involve Gary

Between Adam on one end and Gary on the other its clear Will and Norm need a third pillar for the non-podcast stuff

eznark

Banned

I have it set to save only the newest episode. If I miss one I figure it wasn't meant to be.

Just listening to the podcast & would just like to point out that a train ticket from London to Manchester costs about £30-40, I have no idea why Gary thinks trains cost so much (you can get a 1st class ticket for about £70), even flights between the two cities are much cheaper than $500.

panda21

where is this fabled IRC channel? I want to help destroy the forums too

whats the thing they are at this week again? they mentioned on the show but i totally forgot.

also please for the love of god bring the site redesign already. theres been some really good content lately but its so damned ugly.

LiK

Untitled is a great podcast tho. think of it as a bonus segment.

Just listening to the podcast & would just like to point out that a train ticket from London to Manchester costs about £30-40, I have no idea why Gary thinks trains cost so much (you can get a 1st class ticket for about £70), even flights between the two cities are much cheaper than $500.

I'm flying from Edinburgh to London tomorrow and it was a little over a hundred for a return.

Zaph

Yeah, but that's only if you can lock down exact date and time of your journey more than a week in advance.

Practically speaking, a lot of people rarely have that privilege, so they end up being gouged for ~£100 each way whenever travelling up or down the country.

Megasoum

Banned
Didn't they do a quicklook of the Samsun Galaxy S III?

I can't find it on the website (which doesn't mean anything of course lol) or on the youtube channel.

Yeah, but that's only if you can lock down exact date and time of your journey more than a week in advance.

Practically speaking, a lot of people rarely have that privilege, so they end up being gouged for ~£100 each way whenever travelling up or down the country.

I don't travel to London regularly, but I've never paid £200 for a return from Newcastle. Last time it was about £120 I think. Just looked it up quickly now and if I leave tomorrow it'd be £58 there and about £80 to get back. I travelled to Leicester a couple of weekends ago at the last minute for £80 return.

I guess it could be that high if it really is last minute and you have to travel at peak times with no leeway, but I don't think a bit more flexibility than that is a rare privilege.

I don't think there is any way possible to spend $500 on a train to travel between London & Manchester no matter how short notice the plans.

I was surprised with the Indiana Jones talk in the Untitled podcast, there simply isn't enough love for Short Round & Om Puri makes a fantastic villain (Kaliiiii MAAAAAAAAAAA!), I suppose I should be thankful that Crystal Skull came out so no-one can consider it the worst Indy film any more.

Awesome new video! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNSCGV_x_f0&feature=plcp

tested_norm_wind2cde0y.gif

tested_norm_wind1hjinx.gif

And also Joey you did AWESOME work on the camera and production side on this video love the shop shots and great editing overall.

Keep them coming, hopefully a little faster? :p

Chuck

Still without luck
New episode and it's a travel cast! With Wes!!

iNLX3J60EV0n7.png

EPISODE 141 - LIVE, FROM NEW YORK - 9/27/2012

(Previously recorded) On this week's show, Norm gets bad walking directions, Will gets bad driving directions, and Wes gets no public transit directions. All that, plus the latest on the new Nook tablets, Hubble space photography, flying cars, and another edition of fake outtakes.

Don't afraid to comment on the podcast page and review the podcast on iTunes. =)

I disagree that the music videos shot entirely on iPhones are irrelevant and only for promotional benefits. If i had an iPhone or even an iPod when I was a kid, it would probably have been my only video camera and you bet your ass that I would have been doing tons of little video projects with it. Proper cameras are superior, but not everyone has access to those.

Also, Tested should come to Germany and drive on the autobahn. 120 mph is no way to live your life, Will Smith.

Top Bottom