• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

LiK

Listening to last weeks ep. What's with the toaster oven hate from Will? I reheat pizza and other foods with it all the time. It's awesome. I think Will needs to try a toaster oven that isn't shit.

Musan

I can see where Will's coming from with toaster ovens, most are $20-$30 heating elements in a box, that can have uneven hot spots and such. But the utility of not having to turn on your oven to heat a small entree or some toast is worth it.

Also, you can splurge and spend $250 to get a really nice one that apparently works just as well, if not better than your normal oven.

Curufinwe

Interesting.

“A toaster oven makes a lot of sense because it’s economical. The amount of energy you use in a toaster oven is negligible compared to firing up the range.” According to this Sierra Club Green Home article, she’s right: “In general, toasters use a little less energy than toaster ovens, and toaster ovens use about half as much energy as a full-size electric oven.”

Zaph

Kinda crazy how much of this year's Octoberkast roster is made up of Giant Bomb/Whiskey Media-era friends. You'd think that after a year and a half and all the places they've visited, they'd have a larger pool to call from. Even one of the guys at the top of the site isn't appearing.

popo

They are more likely to get Whiskey people on this year - since it is likely a while since they have seen people like Rorie, Jeff and Drew. They have plenty to catch up on. I imagine the small pool of guests is because it is limited to people available in the Bay Area, especially in the unsociable hours.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Kinda crazy how much of this year's Octoberkast roster is made up of Giant Bomb/Whiskey Media-era friends. You'd think that after a year and a half and all the places they've visited, they'd have a larger pool to call from. Even one of the guys at the top of the site isn't appearing.

I don't know if they would. The Berman Braun purchase allowed them to travel more, and most of the big interviews they made this last year were from those trips. Very little of their content was from the San Francisco area, and I doubt they would make for a good 1 hour segment on a 24 hour podcast. They were mostly material interviews (how to make things, how to use things, how to do make up) that wouldn't translate well for podcast talking, imo. Also, some of them are in the podcast, aren't them? I dont'recognize everybody on the list.

About adam, I think he showed up last year, but they're recording Mythbusters now (I follow Adam, Jamie and Kari on twitter). And, as Adam said multiple times on his Podcast on tested, they only film a couple of months a year, but when they're doing it, they don't have time to do anything else.

Earlier this year, when the Adam Podcast stopped for about 2 months, it was because they ran out of pre-recorded ones and Adam was too busy filming.

They are more likely to get Whiskey people on this year - since it is likely a while since they have seen people like Rorie, Jeff and Drew. They have plenty to catch up on. I imagine the small pool of guests is because it is limited to people available in the Bay Area, especially in the unsociable hours.

Will complained more than once that he had too many guests for too few hours. His words were something along the lines of "Octoberkast next year will have to last 48 hours if we want to have all the possible guests in".

Also, if you want to be overly analytical about it, bringing Giantbomb guys brings the Giantbomb userbase, which means more people that possibly can donate. Calling in "prop maker #53" and asking him to explain how to make things look old in audio-only format doesn't really interest me at all.

LiK

Easier to book and I think they miss them.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Whiskey media guys are better than anybody else they have had on the site (Loyd excluded). I am not complaining about the lineup.

Chuck

Still without luck
Yes, I think it should be on gaming side because it's partly for child's play and it'll get more eyeballs on there than off topic.

I don't know if jediyoshi wants to do it again or let someone else do it though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I can't tell if Gary legitimately despised Gordon or if he was just playing. Round 2 would help me figure things out though. There's a lot of Apple news to lampoon lately.

Chuck

Still without luck
They only showed it on the stream, but the goal was 5 grand if you want to skim through the twitch video

FStop7

Banned

algaculture1.png

bueno.jpg

eznark

Banned
I really hope Gary is on in the next couple weeks to talk games. That guy is a True Console Warrior and will definitely bring the hilarity.

No_Style

Highlights of the PS4 talk were them getting very confused about Play as you download, and Norm claiming that you could always change your PSN name if you live in Japan.

I know they're not a game's website but not knowing the basics of the hardware and OS is kinda lame. Then again they've always been terrible with specs.

Edit: Just got to the "Suspend & Resume" vs "Standby" confusion for PS4. *sigh*

Ive noticed out of all my podcasts that I listen to This is Only a Test is always significantly lower than the rest, even more so with the past episode :/

funny how they were completely enthused about the ipad air, while i'm pretty sure i've seen the word 'magical' thrown around in every air review out there.

popo

Looks like they are almost ready to roll out their subscriptions model. If they honour the old Whisky subs - like they claimed after the split - then I will check it out but I can't see myself going premium on the "new" tested.

@MichaelAskew @donttrythis @nchan we’ll have something to announce next week. It’s our first piece of subscriber-only content.

funny how they were completely enthused about the ipad air, while i'm pretty sure i've seen the word 'magical' thrown around in every air review out there.

Have you actually used an Air? I have not yet but I would be amazed if anything about a slighty faster, slimmer, lighter iteration on the ipad is "magical".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's like a band where the members treat it as a job and not their life I suppose.

At this point, I just wonder if they are friends with the "junior" Mythbusters who are still around but never really in any of the same shots as the Jamie or Adam.

Aaron

This kinda doesn't surprise me. Outside of myth busters Jamie doesn't seem to like anyone very much. Very introverted, I guess just two very different personalities.
He always struck me as the real life Ron Swanson, though I bet his man shack is up to code.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I picture Adam as buddies with Will and Norm, he seems like he really clicks with them.

I always wonder if Adam is as nice and cool as he seems in these podcasts, because he comes off as the nicest guy on planet earth. Anyone met him?

Top Bottom