• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Must be a Canadian thing. I've never seen a fellow college dude with a white iPhone. Oh wait, one of my buddies put a white back on his black 4S. Pretty pointless 'cause he keeps it in a case.

I think it's because they're all 4S, and Vancouver is an early adopter tech crowd. Everyone got a white 4S.

Ozone

I've had a black iPhone since my 3GS. I later got a white iPad 2 so I could have a device of each color. Then when I got a 4S last month I went with black to keep it consistent.

Nothing about gender issues, I'm just used to the set up I ended up with.

I saw the thread "Apple announces..." and didn't bother to look any further. All I could think was "Nice! New apple news, should be a good tested this week!" Nothing brings out the passion in these guys like apples

Popular Internet Technology Podcast is readers choice this week I think

Ozone

Gary, here's what you need to know.

Best Cheesesteak:

1) Geno's
2) Tony Luke's
3) Pat's

The way to order one is "whiz wit", which is cheese whiz and fried onions. Anything else is wrong. They can choose not to serve you if you mess up, because it's Philadelphia.

Places you should visit:

1) Philadelphia Art Museum - so you can run up the Rocky steps
2) The Liberty Bell
3) Wells Fargo Center - to attend a sports event and experience the Philly fan atmosphere
4) Wawa - best convenience store in the world. You'll find one anywhere.

If you need any extras for your movie, I'm definitely available. ;)

So they announced the endurance test on the podcast? What lego set is it? I hope its several of the cool older sets like the ice guys or the space guys (can't remember the names anymore) and not some giant star wars set

Also, it just hit me these guys are getting paid to record themselves playing with legos... suddenly my cubical and excel spreedsheet are really bumming me out :( :(

bionic77

Gary, here's what you need to know.

Best Cheesesteak:

1) Geno's
2) Tony Luke's
3) Pat's

The way to order one is "whiz wit", which is cheese whiz and fried onions. Anything else is wrong. They can choose not to serve you if you mess up, because it's Philadelphia.

Places you should visit:

1) Philadelphia Art Museum - so you can run up the Rocky steps
2) The Liberty Bell
3) Wells Fargo Center - to attend a sports event and experience the Philly fan atmosphere
4) Wawa - best convenience store in the world. You'll find one anywhere.

If you need any extras for your movie, I'm definitely available. ;)
:lol

Never a good sign when one of the attractions of the city is when you recommend getting a donut at the local gas station/convenience store.

The best part of Philly really is the food. But I think most of it is incompatible with Gary's diet.

Ozone

So they announced the endurance test on the podcast? What lego set is it? I hope its several of the cool older sets like the ice guys or the space guys (can't remember the names anymore) and not some giant star wars set

Also, it just hit me these guys are getting paid to record themselves playing with legos... suddenly my cubical and excel spreedsheet are really bumming me out :( :(
Will:
lego-death-star.jpg

Norm:
Lego-Super-Star-Destroyer-10221-1.jpg

Never a good sign when one of the attractions of the city is when you recommend getting a donut at the local gas station/convenience store.
You wouldn't laugh if you went to one.

Chris R

Will will be building the Death Star kit, and Norm got the Super Stardestroyer. Two different $400 kits with thousands of pieces each... Going to be sweet.

The best part of Philly really is the food. But I think most of it is incompatible with Gary's diet.

Spoken like someone who has never been to Wawas! The thing I miss most from living on the east coasts is Wawas. That place it God's gift to convenience and taste

Will will be building the Death Star kit, and Norm got the Super Stardestroyer. Two different $400 kits with thousands of pieces each... Going to be sweet.

EWWW. Bring this back instead!

6991-1.jpg

Zoibie

I have a feeling that watching Will and Norm do this endurance build is going to lead me to start getting invested in these Lego sets too, and that by the end of videos, enjoying it vicariously won't be enough.

I am having a cheesesteak dammit!

Started looking at LEGO models after hearing about this. I found this one, and nearly died (5,000 pieces and 30lbs)

qrbarl.jpg

dRp4ol.jpg

Here is a link to photos of that guys build... Crazy!

Just about everything seems too pricy for me though, I might grab a LEGO Architecture model to feel like I am taking part in this though - probably The White House (560 pieces seems like a good half way between cost and content).

lego_architecture_white_house.jpg

bionic77

Man what a piece of shit siri is.

I would like it if it let me launch apps or change settings. Wish there was a way to access if from my steering wheel via bluetooth too instead of taking the phone out of my pocket or the middle compartment.

Very gimmicky so far.

Though the texting feature is cool but it has a long way to go.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's an interesting coincidence that they announce this lego thing as I've been watching the original Star Wars trilogy for the first time. :p

Those Despecialized editions are excellent.

eznark

Banned
iTunes match would disagree.

I love that it was such a failure, no one even bothers to mention Ping.

I try to use Siri about once a week to text my wife when I am driving. The last five straight times it has apologized to me for being so useless and was unable to send a message. So dumb. The only good that has ever come from that pos is that my phone now calls me Jesus.

Will, have you tested out that Casio G'zOne (what the fuck, my god?) Commando? My farming buddies all have the casio tough case flip phone but are intrigued by the smart phone version.

leroidys

Spoken like someone who has never been to Wawas! The thing I miss most from living on the east coasts is Wawas. That place it God's gift to convenience and taste

EWWW. Bring this back instead!

6991-1.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't know they redid the monorail. My brother has the first space monorail set. That thing blew my mind as a child.

No_Style

Man what a piece of shit siri is.

I like it for the simple things like asking it to do basic math or conversions via Wolfram Alpha. And the stopwatch works well despite the silly restrictions.

I tried using it for composing texts and calendar events, but it's far too inconsistent for those tasks.

I built that LEGO White House, it was the first LEGO I've built in years and it was great, very satisfying and just the right difficulty level for someone coming back to it after many years. I strongly recommend it and if you're anything like me it will make you want to move on to bigger builds!

eznark

Banned
I built that LEGO White House, it was the first LEGO I've built in years and it was great, very satisfying and just the right difficulty level for someone coming back to it after many years. I strongly recommend it and if you're anything like me it will make you want to move on to bigger builds!

This is what I'm playing with when I get home from work these days. You will be too!

WHTNA.jpg

grkazan12

Gary I also reccommend (if your diet allows it) to try out the Roast Pork Sandwich from DiNic's found in the Reading Terminal Market.

3321618624_d91e82c495_z.jpg

Top Bottom