• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tested.com |OT| Lean Into It If It's Racist

I wonder have the Tested guys checked out the LEGO episode of James May's Toy Stories? I don't think the DVD is out in the US, and it is not on Netflix either, but it is on Youtube - split into 5 episodes starting here. He (and a team of helpers) make a whole house of LEGO - inside and out.

JZ2SPl.jpg

PjVPfl.jpg

f0rk

There was an excellent series of articles from a while ago about a guy watching Star Wars in the 451236 order with his young kids. I can't remember what site is was but I hope someone can dig it up because Gary should read it.

Barrett2

Too bad the trackpad sucks on that Asus ultrabook. Love the form factor. If they can fix it in the next iteration, I would strongly consider picking one up.

Chuck

Still without luck
Sorry in advance if I missed it on twitter, but did Will do his No Jar session yesterday? (the one at like 12:30).
Not sure where it's gone, but it was in the coming up box for 2 days, it kept getting pushed back. I assume it was scheduled but Will hasn't gotten around to doing it for whatever reason.

blahhh!! Gary what cable were you talking about that you used in the car!?
v

I got this one. I don't know if it's the best; Will is going to be testing a bunch of them. But I'm perfectly happy with this one and you can't really go wrong at that price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056399MG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Getting together with Will and Norm tomorrow for some LEGO practice. We will be building the VW camper van and the space shuttle! Possibly also Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.

Osietra

Banned
Getting together with Will and Norm tomorrow for some LEGO practice. We will be building the VW camper van and the space shuttle! Possibly also Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater.

Dude, thats one irony deficit post.

Tbh guys, after the shameful Will Smith weird yelling passive thing in the CES show, it's soured my listening enjoyment.

willsmith

Dude, thats one irony deficit post.

Tbh guys, after the shameful Will Smith weird yelling passive thing in the CES show, it's soured my listening enjoyment.

Sorry if my behavior soured your enjoyment of our show. All i can say is that sometimes what you think is going to be a funny rant comes across as just an asshole rant. When you're operating on a few days of <4 hours of sleep, you miss stuff that you might not miss otherwise.

eznark

Banned
Sorry if my behavior soured your enjoyment of our show. All i can say is that sometimes what you think is going to be a funny rant comes across as just an asshole rant. When you're operating on a few days of <4 hours of sleep, you miss stuff that you might not miss otherwise.

This post is maximum irony insufficient

Well look around their site, they have cheaper bands.

Their entire product line looks pretty decent, if a little heavy on the leather. I like that they all seem to use the same low profile design for 'docking' the Nano onto the band. So many other brands make it look really chunky and awkward, while the iWatchz seem to integrate the components nicely.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, wassup Will! Good to have you guys finally. Your Lego challenge is getting me to start an Architecture set, I'm just trying to decide which one would look coolest on display...

And Gary, I noticed Gaghan wrote on your movie too, that's awesome! Did you work pretty closely with him or was it more of a re-writing situation? Very cool either way.

eznark

Banned
Well look around their site, they have cheaper bands.

I was at a department store today. Based on the ridiculous size of the watch faces available that the girl behind the counter told me are amazing sellers, I'm surprised the company doesn't have watch bands for iphones.

I wish LEGO would license sports stadiums. A kid in Milwaukee made an amazing Miller Park from scratch, but a kit that made it look as good as the Star Wars stuff? I would pay unlimited dollars. I would pay unlimited dollars+1 for Lambeau.

I was at a department store today. Based on the ridiculous size of the watch faces available that the girl behind the counter told me are amazing sellers, I'm surprised the company doesn't have watch bands for iphones.

I wish LEGO would license sports stadiums. A kid in Milwaukee made an amazing Miller Park from scratch, but a kit that made it look as good as the Star Wars stuff? I would pay unlimited dollars. I would pay unlimited dollars+1 for Lambeau.
Huh, that's a great idea, LEGO NFL stadia.

eznark

Banned
Huh, that's a great idea, LEGO NFL stadia.

Absolutely. I actually just went to the LEGO site assuming they would have stuff like that, and nothing. Nobody pays more money for worthless shit than sports nerds. I just bought three shares of Packers "stock" this Christmas, I'll surely buy something as rad as a LEGO stadium and there are plenty of other fools out there just like me!

Chris R

Stadiums are a good idea, but then you would get people complaining when they realize their ugly/insignificant stadium/team doesn't get a kit.

eznark

Banned
They could actually do a couple in their Architecture range. Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, etc.

I kind of dislike the architecture line. They seem to miss the point a bit, which for me is the construction. They err on the side of aesthetics, which I think is a mistake. If I wanted a model that looked like a replica, I would buy one. The half LEGO/half replica look I dislike.

I chuckled a little bit at you describing the feeling of "building" something Gary. I had just finished making shelves, a chalkboard and a toy chest for from scratch for a playroom and had the same feeling! Only took me and my dad a weekend, though, so clearly putting together a LEGO set is more impressive.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
LEGO-Architecture-21010-Robie-House.jpg

Stunning (but $200).

eznark

Banned
Yeah, that one, Brandenburg and Fallingwater are really nice. The others (which I guess makes sense since they are cheaper) I don't really like.

ghostmind

I prefer the large-scale buildings (ie. Eiffel Tower, Tower Bridge, etc) to the Architecture, though the Robie House looks pretty sweet.

Gary - any chance of livestreaming the LEGO builds tomorrow?

Oh, and I found a MOC project for Will:

9Ou7E.jpg

Gowans

I posted this in the LEGO thread but I'll quote here as it's thanks to Tested.

Man I have the BUG!!!

been ages since I touched Lego as a kid, (Technics) and after listening to the Tested Podcast this week I grabbed a kit as I past it on a shelf in supermarket.

Just made it with my 2 1/2 year old, he loves cars and was GLUED watching and 'helping'

kVDSE.jpg

Now I want to get a collection together and make it a Sunday afternoon thing.

Any set recommendations guys?

FStop7

Banned
I went looking for a Lego Star Destroyer (the original, not the Executor)

I guess it's out of production because the cheapest one I found was listed for $1,800.

Whaaaaaaat.

Jharp

Fuck I miss legos. I made a badass scorpion when I was a kid that had working pincers and a movable tale. Wish I still had it around here somewhere. I do have my model jet made out of throwaway pieces though, mounted on the top of my desk. Love it.

Osietra

Banned
Shit guys. I didn't actually listen to it, but I read some harsh opinions on here, and after having a few wines, felt compelled to vent passive aggressively.

Top Bottom