• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGI Friday's Endless Appetizers is back - $12, unlimited appetizers, no restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwk94

Restriction being only one of you can eat if you pay for a single appetizer. You both have to pay $12 each to eat.

I just came back from TGI Friday's. The Mozzarella sticks are really good. So is the other stuff, but I loved the mozzarella sticks more.

You're kidding right? So if I go there with someone, she can't eat off my plate?

Evo X

You're kidding right? So if I go there with someone, she can't eat off my plate?

She can eat off your plate. She just has to pay $12. It's pretty fair.

Can you imagine giant parties of 15 people abusing this if that wasn't the case?

Paskil

This just seems like a terrible idea for someone like me. Awesome concept, though. I'd probably eat enough to gain 10 pounds in one visit.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So, $12 for unlimited food from a variety of choices?
I'm so going there.

Is this a limited-time thing?
If so, when does it end?
If not... I'm never buying groceries again >.>

Apparently the promo runs until April 19th. The March 2 thing mentioned in the article is referring to separate specials at those particular locations doing that "open for 24 hours" thing.

terrisus

Apparently the promo runs until April 19th. The March 2 thing mentioned in the article is referring to separate specials at those particular locations doing that "open for 24 hours" thing.

Nifty, thanks for the info.

Now to convince my wife to take me there a couple of times :þ

paolo11

tgi friday is mediocre/bad and also more expensive for this appetizer thing than typical chinese buffet.

Depends on what buffet we are talking about. If it's a medicore Chinese Buffet for appetizers, I'd go for TGIF but if it's a good one, I'd go for Buffet.

terrisus

tgi friday is mediocre/bad and also more expensive for this appetizer thing than typical chinese buffet.

Even if they're not that great, at least most of the stuff is based off food that could be good.

I'm not a fan of Chinese food at all.

R-User!

TGI Fridays is all,

ic2ji-the-hutts-spotted-on-the-set-of-star-wars-vii.gif

Should've been a pizza the hut photoshop over Jabba...

terrisus

holy shit.

>.>

The main bad thing is that my wife loves Chinese food.

I used to get chicken fingers or chicken teriyaki when she got it...
But, I don't even bother with that anymore, since even that is generally mediocre/disappointing.

No it's not? I routinely order extra food to go just before we leave. I'm paying them so what's the problem.

Do you go to a buffet and expect to take home an extra plate of food? That's basically what you'd be doing if you get another round of your already-paid-for appetizers just so you can take them home.

JCX

I tried the potato skins. I am ashamed of how poorly I performed. I may fast all day and give it another try though.

Duplolas

Banned
I went to TGI Fridays once.

I bit into a burger and found a label in my mouth. They gave me free ice cream because of it.

The ice cream tasted salty.

Salty.

I never went back

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
Even if they're not that great, at least most of the stuff is based off food that could be good.

I'm not a fan of Chinese food at all.

>.>

The main bad thing is that my wife loves Chinese food.

I used to get chicken fingers or chicken teriyaki when she got it...
But, I don't even bother with that anymore, since even that is generally mediocre/disappointing.

terrisus, where do you live? depending on your answer I might be able to help you cure this problem. btw, chicken fingers and teriyaki are not Chinese food, just FYI.

terrisus

terrisus, where do you live? depending on your answer I might be able to help you cure this problem. btw, chicken fingers and teriyaki are not Chinese food, just FYI.

Connecticut.
Originally from Massachusetts.

My wife claims that the Chinese food from up in Massachusetts "didn't taste as good" as the places in Connecticut.
They all taste pretty bad to me.

And I know those choices are kind of borderline, but they're the only ones I would really have any interest in.
The fact that I don't like rice kind of kills most Chinese food >.>

Yeah in my experience people who say they don't like Chinese food have never had good Chinese food. I used to be this way but now I just say I don't like shitty Chinese food. Most major cities should have you covered.

This doesn't actually seem like a good deal at all, most chinese buffets charge about 18$ but I can see myself doing this for the wings :)

How long do they make you wait til they actually bring the next batch?

I did endless shrimp at IHOP once.

*gobbles up shrimp in 45 seconds*
*waits 15 minutes for next tiny portion*

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
Connecticut.
Originally from Massachusetts.

My wife claims that the Chinese food from up in Massachusetts "didn't taste as good" as the places in Connecticut.
They all taste pretty bad to me.

And I know those choices are kind of borderline, but they're the only ones I would really have any interest in.
The fact that I don't like rice kind of kills most Chinese food >.>

not to sound like an elitist on Chinese food, but I don't think you'll be able to get decent Chinese food out there unless you go down to NYC. my friend lived in Maine for a few years and he told me even in Boston he can only barely find good Chinese food. if you ever come out west, allow me to correct your opinion by stuffing you full with some truly good Chinese food. and for the record, your dont need to like rice to like Chinese food. the beauty of it is that Chinese food is so diverse that rice only plays a small role. a lot of the other Chinese food styles don't use rice at all.

terrisus

not to sound like an elitist on Chinese food, but I don't think you'll be able to get decent Chinese food out there unless you go down to NYC. my friend lived in Maine for a few years and he told me even in Boston he can only barely find good Chinese food. if you ever come out west, allow me to correct your opinion by stuffing you full with some truly good Chinese food. and for the record, your dont need to like rice to like Chinese food. the beauty of it is that Chinese food is so diverse that rice only plays a small role. a lot of the other Chinese food styles don't use rice at all.

Hah. I was out in California for a bit back in 1994, and Seattle-area back in 2001 and 2002 for a bit, but haven't been back out that way since.
If I'm ever out that way, I'll consider it :þ

(Oh yeah, I don't like any seafood either >.>)

jwk94

Do you go to a buffet and expect to take home an extra plate of food? That's basically what you'd be doing if you get another round of your already-paid-for appetizers just so you can take them home.
You can't take home food at a buffet...

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
Hah. I was out in California for a bit back in 1994, and Seattle-area back in 2001 and 2002 for a bit, but haven't been back out that way since.
If I'm ever out that way, I'll consider it :þ

(Oh yeah, I don't like any seafood either >.>)

that's fine, I won't look down on you because of that (ok, maybe a little :p). how do you feel about: beef, pork, lamb, chicken, duck, geese, all the inside stuff, tofu, noodles, spicy stuff, dimsums, dumpings and pastry of different kinds? I'm pretty sure you can find something to your liking.

California has 2 of the best cities in the US to get Chinese food, San Francisco and Los Angeles, so if you come this way, stop here and I'll point the way.

terrisus

that's fine, I won't look down on you because of that (ok, maybe a little :p). how do you feel about: beef, pork, lamb, chicken, duck, geese, all the inside stuff, tofu, noodles, spicy stuff, dimsums, dumpings and pastry of different kinds? I'm pretty sure you can find something to your liking.

California has 2 of the best cities in the US to get Chinese food, San Francisco and Los Angeles, so if you come this way, stop here and I'll point the way.

Don't like "inside stuff" or tofu
Only like the other non-chicken meats if they're burnt to a crisp
Don't even know what "dimsums" are or what constitutes a "dumpling."
Noodles are fine of course, as long as they don't have unappealing stuff all over them.
I like pastry, chicken, and spicy stuff, but at that point, I may as well just be going to KFC or something >.>

So, I mean, "I can find something I would eat," but it would be about 20th on my list of places to go if I were eating out.
Unfortunately, it's generally my wife's first choice.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
Don't like "inside stuff" or tofu
Only like the other non-chicken meats if they're burnt to a crisp
Don't even know what "dimsums" are or what constitutes a "dumpling."
Noodles are fine of course, as long as they don't have unappealing stuff all over them.
I like pastry, chicken, and spicy stuff, but at that point, I may as well just be going to KFC or something >.>

So, I mean, "I can find something I would eat," but it would be about 20th on my list of places to go if I were eating out.
Unfortunately, it's generally my wife's first choice.

lol we can always start it out light and get some breakfast with soy milk, long donuts and some beef wraps. maybe some soy milk pudding too. anyway, PM me if you want to know more and let's leave the thread for those we crave endless boneless wings XD

Tawpgun

Damn.

Looks like its 12 per person. Dunno how strictly they would enforce it but I was hoping I could go there with the girlfriend and we could split it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom