• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGI Fridays to offer "Endless Appetizers" summer promo - $10 for unlimited appetizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadedm17

When you're just dying to point out "the problems with the African American community" you'll take any opportunity.
Not at all: Just as there's a difference between whitetrash/rednecks and caucasians there's a difference between the African American community and what we dealt with. I sent you a PM.

How the hell did a thread about appetizers become about race

It's like how do you make that leap.

I didn't mean to derail and ive seen private messages to explain my point then posting here. I apologize, I mean no harm, I just meant to say I have a few friends who are stuck at Fridays serving currently and this will be a nightmare for them partly because of the clientel there being very low class.

If anyone has comments on what I said send me a PM. Sorry everyone.

kirby_fox

Banned
They changed how their potato skins and mozzarella sticks are.

Unless they changed them back to the deliciousness it was before, it's not even worth $5 in my book.

gdt

Goddamn. I should stop by for a drink and apps soon.

Also, why the fuck can't I buy Jack Daniels sauce somewhere? Its the nectar of the gods.

gdt

If two people combined their resources, they could get a really good meal.

NwqsK.jpg

an amazing italian meal

truly gods gift

$30 is a steal for that

painey

they used to do 3 for $10.. appetizer, entree and desert. It was god tier, and then they closed in my town and the only thing similar is crapplebees

Chris R

I visit TGIF once a week (bar trivia)

Don't eat food, but I know others that do... this seems like a losing proposition. I just drink the $3 pint, whatever it is every week.

If I was eating though I'd be on this shit instantly.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
They aren't even going to enforce the rules of sharing in written writing? Time to bring 20 people there and buy 1 order.

kirby_fox

Banned
They have TGI Fridays in Nashville so I should try this out.

What is good, GAF?

All of it was pretty decent. But last time I was there few months ago, they changed the recipe on everything.

So the mozzarella sticks are now OK and the potato skins are pretty awful low grade. Everything else was still OK, no complaints. If you're drinking, the pretzels with beer cheese is a pretty decent side.

They have TGI Fridays in Nashville so I should try this out.

What is good, GAF?

If you've never had fried green beans, try those. The broccoli cheese soup is also pretty great.

For an entrée, I love the Sizzling Chicken and Cheese. Shit makes me so wet.

Surge

Might have to take a break from going to Longhorn Steakhouse and get in on this deal.

I can't remember the last time I have gone to Fridays.

Xyrmellon

Maybe they should actually concentrate making food people will want to come back for, even in the summer instead of make or break gimmicks.

Whoever came up with this idea is probably the same person who thought Guy Fieri could save them.
http://youtu.be/WuY3YgRF9Xc

I may or may not be a manager for Fridays, but a month ago we launched a fresh never frozen steak menu and now serve all natural chicken ( protip: a lot of places serve frozen steaks and their chicken is only like 70 percent chicken). Guy Feiri is long gone, we now have John Taffer.

This started tonight, and all Im gonna say is Friday night is going to be a bloodbath.

I may or may not be a manager for Fridays, but a month ago we launched a fresh never frozen steak menu and now serve all natural chicken ( protip: a lot of places serve frozen steaks and their chicken is only like 70 percent chicken). Guy Feiri is long gone, we now have John Taffer.

This started tonight, and all Im gonna say is Friday night is going to be a bloodbath.

I'm gonna go tomorrow for dinner. I need to know... are the mozzarella sticks really that bad now?!

Sillution

Couldn't tell you the last time I got Fridays but with this, think I'll take a trip to get some potato skins or wings.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Applebees half priced appetizers late at night seem like a better deal than this. I dont know how much I could eat of just appetizers and two plates of boneless buffalo wings are already under $10 at Applebees.

Those poor servers having to deal with guest who stay for an hour and only tip 20% of their $13 check because they think they're tipping good. :(

$2 to deal with an hour of cheep guests wow. :(

kehs

Banned
Isn't a sampler plate of appetizers like $9 bucks?

Sure it's not unlimited, but how much shit can you eat unless you just want to eat appetizers all night long like a child?

Xyrmellon

I'm gonna go tomorrow for dinner. I need to know... are the mozzarella sticks really that bad now?!

I like them better now, they're a mozzarella-asiago blend and almost have a sweetness to them.

The potato skins though...I'll just say we get a lot of comments to go back to the old ones.

Isn't a sampler plate of appetizers like $9 bucks?

Sure it's not unlimited, but how much shit can you eat unless you just want to eat appetizers all night long like a child?

If you go to watch a sporting event you'll have food for 3+ hours for 10 bucks....plus whatever you drink

Trey

"The risk comes when a crowd of six, or more, decides to get together and pool their resources, all ordering one item and sharing," he says. "Then it is easy to predict that everyone will order at least six refills each, with plates being passed around."

I can only speak from personal experience, but I, and no one I know, will want to eat a full complement of six different appetizers.

The one on Walden Ave near the Galleria? Cya this summer!

sounds like a GAF meetup to me.

Xyrmellon

Also , my location is still doing half off apps in the bar area so you have an option.

And a warning-- don't be surprised if it takes at least half an hour for apps this weekend. Most locations only have a standard 4 fryer system so it will be physically impossible to make things quickly if a gazillion orders come in at once.

Also , my location is still doing half off apps in the bar area so you have an option.

And a warning-- don't be surprised if it takes at least half an hour for apps this weekend. Most locations only have a standard 4 fryer system so it will be physically impossible to make things quickly if a gazillion orders come in at once.

Oh, I think people can wait.

hW5b4V7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom