• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGI Fridays to offer "Endless Appetizers" summer promo - $10 for unlimited appetizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarlaxle

They changed how their potato skins and mozzarella sticks are.

Unless they changed them back to the deliciousness it was before, it's not even worth $5 in my book.
I don't know about the potato skins but I find that the change with the mozzarella sticks was for the better.

ipaR2A5.jpg

just in time for training camp

wpsHwut.jpg

At least I won't overthrow these mozzarella sticks

You gentlemen are on point as usual.

sikkinixx

Are the potato skins you get in the restaurant as gross as the frozen ones from the store? Nasty.

Though... $10 for unlimited buffalo wings, boneless or otherwise, is... tempting.

Eh Ive got places near me that regularly do 35 cent wings. And on Thursdays one place has dollar blue moons.

I can get 15 wings and a beer for like 6 bucks before I tip.

Bump: http://gawker.com/my-14-hour-search-for-the-end-of-tgi-fridays-endless-ap-1606122925

Ten hours later, my editor, Max Read, messages me to outline the conditions this exercise must meet:

- I will not take advantage of the TGI Friday's wifi, read a book, or go to sleep.
- I will stay at least six hours past the restaurant's 11 a.m. opening time.
- I will consume mozzarella sticks with the voraciousness of bacteria feasting on the muscle tissue of a corpse. (This is not so much a condition as a given.)

He then proposes a bonus:

- If you can stay till 1 a.m. I'll give you a week off.

In a separate conversation, my colleague Taylor offers to pay me $3 for every mozzarella stick I eat past the first 30.

The offer before me is now one week's vacation and theoretically infinite profit.

otapnam

I started to read this this morning but got bored pretty quick when i realized the writer wasnt a real "eater". Then i saw that it was a female contributer and knew that the entry was going to be more or less a complete bust since tgif was probably not her "thing". Would have been better had it been one of the deadspin bros or something going there to actually give the offer a real test

I never get my "money's worth" on these unlimited deals.
IIRC Hurricane (wing place) does unlimited boneless on Tuesdays for 12.99*. Good stuff but I only end up getting like 1.5 - 2 orders.

Currently Chili's is running their happy hour app deals. 1 or maybe 2 of those + the chips & salsa is usually way more than enough for Monday night football.

Think I could talk the bartender into letting my hook up my PS4 to one of their TV's? Destiny, beer, and endless appetizers sounds like the perfect way to spend Friday night.

Experien

I shook my head at the gawker story...she was testing the restaurant's patience on kicking her out, not what "unlimited" means. If I made that bet with her, I'd say she be lucky if she half qualified for 5 days off.

Risible

I started to read this this morning but got bored pretty quick when i realized the writer wasnt a real "eater". Then i saw that it was a female contributer and knew that the entry was going to be more or less a complete bust since tgif was probably not her "thing". Would have been better had it been one of the deadspin bros or something going there to actually give the offer a real test

She ate ~7,000 calories worth of mozzarella sticks :).

Risible

$20 for staying and being a bother for 8 hours is not worthwhile at all.

Wow, she should have given the server at least $50.

Yeah, that was my one main gripe about the story. Having waited tables, I know I would be pissed if someone took up one of my tables my entire shift and I only got $20 out of it.

I tried the deal last week. Boneless buffalo wings. Just terrible. The chicken pieces were hard and crunchy and they didn't give nearly enough bleu cheese to go along with it. Ended up not even finishing my third plate. Would not recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom