• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2024 - Trials of Mana - Legends of Mana - Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster On Xbox - Playable Today

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
At the Xbox broadcast.

Trials and Legend of Mana are also on Game Pass.

zhQvmbS.png

CpFus6A.png

N0Kn4mb.png

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Happy for whoever out there wants these games and somehow hasn't played them on another console

Good to see more SE titles on Xbox for those that play on the console.

I do hope Xbox players buy the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster collection so SE can see that it's worth the effort to release more Final Fantasy titles and future entries on the console.

cireza

Awesome news. Only Star Ocean 2R left !

I hope they fixed the shimmering in Final Fantasy pixel remasters, otherwise this will be an easy skip.

adamsapple

Awesome news. Only Star Ocean 2R left !

I hope they fixed the shimmering in Final Fantasy pixel remasters, otherwise this will be an easy skip.

Has the issue been fixed in the latest patches?
They're doing a reprint of the game elsewhere, right?

Orangee

Neo Member
Lmao NES games on Xbox, they absolutely destroyed the competition.

Looking forward to the Square thing. It's tommorow right? Are they even streaming It?

Ebrietas

Good to see more SE titles on Xbox for those that play on the console.

I do hope Xbox players buy the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster collection so SE can see that it's worth the effort to release more Final Fantasy titles and future entries on the console.
Lol good luck with that

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Now watch the haters party and Sqex go Pikachu face when sales are abysmal thanks to the most obvious self-fulfilling prophecy.
“Japanese games don’t sell on Xbox” -> release them on Xbox years after they hit all other platforms -> the games don’t sell.

Kacho

Gold Member
Nice spread. If Square starts releasing their games on Xbox day one they might start building some semblance of an audience.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yeah I will pass on all of these.
I Am Setsuna, Dungeon Encounters are some of my favorite games they've put out. Actraiser was great. And I'd take Valkyrie Elysium since it's made by Soleil. But yeah, these are all lesser titles. Still better than Mana.

El Muerto

Gold Member
Boy i'm dumb. Didnt know Seiken Densetsu 3 was also called Trials of Mana on snes. I played the shit out of the translation on zsnes with my old pentium 1. Downloading Trials now and also All you need is help. I played enough squeenix games when i was a teen so i wont bother with FF1-6 remasters and Legend of Mana.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I have really enjoyed Visions of Mana and I didn't know it wasn't developed directly by SE. A shame we won't get a follow up in the same style. I like the combat, the music is good, and the game looks and runs great on PC/Steam deck.

I know the pixel remaster is a heavy ask at that price...but damn (basically $11.50 if you price out each game) its a great collection package with some bangers!!

Isa

I woulda loved this news if I was still maining the system. Great for those still there though. Otherwise I would have bought them instantly, but I've got them elsewhere. Trials was so good.

Nydius

FF Pixel not in game pass?

Have you seen how much Square-Enix charges for the whole bundle? No way in hell they’d agree to put that up on Game Pass. It’s a cash cow for them. I’m surprised they agreed to a launch day sale!

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Tried out FFIV for a bit. The font is still an abomination. Couple nice upgrades though. Auto Battle repeats whatever your last action is for each character. Map on screen at all times. An ! icon pops up if you're next to a hidden item so you can still search without spamming A. You can click RS to turn off all encounters. Great if you missed 1 chest and want to just grab it without 10 fights. OST is redone and its a mixed bag. Some better, some a little odd. Some flowing waterfall graphics seem redone. Most of the rest is the same pixel art from the original but does have that "too clean" look. Overall, totally playable but the font is just a tragedy.

Last edited:

Antwix

Picked up FFVI, probably gonna buy them piece-meal instead of all of them.
Yeah same here. Don't care about 1-3 but I want to pick up 4 or 5 right now in addition to 6, then pick up the remaining one later. Not sure which one to pick up. I've played 4 years and years and years ago but never did play 5. Decisions.....

adamsapple

Yeah same here. Don't care about 1-3 but I want to pick up 4 or 5 right now in addition to 6, then pick up the remaining one later. Not sure which one to pick up. I've played 4 years and years and years ago but never did play 5. Decisions.....

IMO 4 is better but then again it's also because I've only played 5 maybe once in my life via fan translation eons ago.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Is Trials 60fps? I may seriously get it if that’s the case. I have the Switch version, and I never completed it because I got it around the same time I bought an OLED TV. That game made me hate OLED, and it moved so bad on that TV that I never went back to it.

FF Pixel Remaster, sorry, but I’m not getting those on any system that isn’t portable.

Top Bottom