• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So I'm going through my first day of The 100 withdrawals and decide to turn on Hulu. I start up Age of Adaline and who do I see in the first few seconds? Murphy! Literally the first character to say something. The universe wants me to rewatch this show over the summer.

So I'm going through my first day of The 100 withdrawals and decide to turn on Hulu. I start up Age of Adaline and who do I see in the first few seconds? Murphy! Literally the first character to say something. The universe wants me to rewatch this show over the summer.

i'm gonna rewatch the series soon

because i enjoy emotional pain and suffering

Smoolio

just read fix it fics

i have like 20 billion bookmarked i can help you

I shall certainly be taking advantage of fix-it after the series is over, need my canon divergent at least informed by the entire narrative that way I can empathise better knowing the writer is in the same ball park as me when writing it.

Sounds weird? It is! Reading now feels pointless when S4 could go where the the fan fiction writer doesn't.

Until then full AU is a go. Don't ask how this is different.
Thanks so much though.

I shall certainly be taking advantage of fix-it after the series is over, need my canon divergent at least informed by the entire narrative that way I can empathise better knowing the writer is in the same ball park as me when writing it.

Sounds weird? It is! Reading now feels pointless when S4 could go where the the fan fiction writer doesn't.

Until then full AU is a go. Don't ask how this is different.
Thanks so much though.

I've got a ton of full AU, too. Hit me up for them whenever.

jelly

Series had it's ups and downs, the AI stuff wasn't the best but might lead to some emotional wrecks and conflict next season. Cool to see Lexa back but the last jump into the fight, awful, keep her fate a mystery but do better than that. Bellamy can't possibly be forgiven and Jaha has lots to answer for hopefully. Since when was Octavia referred to as O, I must have missed that, it was awful. I even liked Monty at the end of this season. Clarke kissing Lexa is so bad, former is so not comfortable with it. They could have changed the fight at the stairs, I instantly thought of the Flash series when they got there.

Can't wait for next season. It's still great to watch.

Barrage

I debated dropping this show halway though Season 3, just bingewatched the second half today.

Odlly, even though The 100 has a short episode count compared to a lot of shows the problem every season is that there's TOO MANY EPISODES. No Season has had Thirteen good episodes yet.

The first half of Season 1 is complete garbage.

The first half of Seasons 3 is fucking boring.

Both shows kick in gear, and I would say the second half of Season 3 is better than Season 1 (then again,I didn't freak out when Lexa died, because she was shittily written and inconsistent like every other character in the show.)

The best episode of the series is Ravencist trashing the cast one by one.

Murphy is the MVP.

Seeya for Season 4.

Smoolio

You're right. I need alive lesbians in my life

Wlw is gross, didn't you know?

Source: I'm bi af

Need them like oxygen.

TV is doing a pretty good job of convincing me lately, source: t_t

The first half of Seasons 3 is fucking boring.

Both shows kick in gear, and I would say the second half of Season 3 is better than Season 1 (then again,I didn't freak out when Lexa died, because she was shittily written and inconsistent like every other character in the show.)

Easily the other way round for me, once they dropped the polis political intrigue and Lexa focus in favor of the boring AI plot it went to shit, and the focus on the "delinquents" ugh.

Of course have to disagree that Lexa was poorly written, it's one of the only things they nailed at least from judging the final product (thanks ADC). That she inspired one of the biggest reactions in TV history speaks volumes, one of the best if not the best depiction in genre of a lesbian woman ever. She was strong and fierce while being reasonable, at the same time having deep emotional range and vulnerability. We saw her fall in love so deeply with Clarke, for a character that was so commanding, that just doesn't happen; maybe once every 20 years.. and look how Xena ended also.

Goodstyle

Oh I will be.

Here's a long but interesting retrospective on Season 3 if anyone has time to kill:
Fandomfollowing.com

tumblr_n98gg339SZ1rpemozo2_250.gif

Moff

I don't think I ever said to myself "what the hell am I watching?" that often in a tv show like here during the finale.
I think it was a very mediocre season, after a very good second one this show feels lost. the AI arc was bad from the start and I was really disappointed they made it the main threat. I really hope they get their shit together for season 4. I actually like some of the characters. the only redeeming character is octavia, so glad she killed pike, that was a great moment, girl doesn't give a fuck.

also wow at the lexa controversy, I do agree though that she's a great loss for the show, her killing the ice queen was one of the few highlights of this season.

Smoolio

Filipino TV station JackTV was given a version of the finale that didn't have the "I love you" which was added in ADR, must of been added rather late.

twitter

Filipino TV station JackTV was given a version of the finale that didn't have the "I love you" which was added in ADR, must of been added rather late.

twitter

I mean I'm glad we got the "I love you" but it was obviously added in as a response to the whole Lexa debacle which pisses me off and makes me like the unedited version more.

They put it in as an afterthought and that rustles my jimmies a little.

Smoolio

I mean I'm glad we got the "I love you" but it was obviously added in as a response to the whole Lexa debacle which pisses me off and makes me like the unedited version more.

They put it in as an afterthought and that rustles my jimmies a little.

Yeah, especially since there was those rumours that they didn't "earn" the "I love yous" as of 307, so obviously a knee-jerk to the backlash. Now since it was added so late it implies that even during the main editing cut with Jason he still didn't feel they earned it, speculation is that higher up made the change/told him to add it last second.

I still have hope that higher ups/the two new executive producers (Morgan Grendel and ... ?) are bending over backwards to bring ADC back and Clexa endgame. Really should give up hope to move on!

Yeah, especially since there was those rumours that they didn't "earn" the "I love yous" as of 307, so obviously a knee-jerk to the backlash. Now since it was added so late it implies that even during the main editing cut with Jason he still didn't feel they earned it, speculation is that higher up made the change/told him to add it last second.

I still have hope that higher ups/the two new executive producers (Morgan Grendel and ... ?) are bending over backwards to bring ADC back and Clexa endgame. Really should give up hope to move on!

I still don't get how they have to "earn it" in the first place but OK Jason. You're such a fuckboy I can't

I don't think they'll bring her back in the physical sense, but I do believe we'll get dead!Clarke in the series finale with a spiritual Clexa endgame. It's the only thing that really feels right. I don't think they'll go back to the CoL anytime soon.

I'm going to headcannon it forever leave me alone

Joni

Let's hope not. If they start bringing people back from the dead, they might as well including scenes where they need jump sharks to cross the sea.

Smoolio

Let's hope not. If they start bringing people back from the dead, they might as well including scenes where they need jump sharks to cross the sea.

Dont think its much of a stretch to acquire just a new physical ADC body, as they have already planted all the seeds for her consciousness with the flame. Unless we concede that the AI plot was already jumping the shark.

5min plot I would be okay with:
Secret cloning division of polaris has a automated facility near a nuclear plant, gets reactivated due to encroaching radiation powering it on. Everyone that was connected to the City of Light had their genetic sequence mapped and was backed up at this facilities servers. Tie it into more of a redemption arc for Bellamy as he goes above and beyond to restore Lexa for Clarke, throw in a rivalry with Roan as he also considers Ontari.

While that plot is happening Clarke is dealing with all the clans, Octavia, Indra and Skykru. Leads to Bellamy buddy cop with Lexa as they have to get back to the team across now restored Azgadia. Clan war possibly into how ever the hell they going to solve the nuclear radiation.

Joni

Dont think its much of a stretch to acquire just a new physical ADC body, as they have already planted all the seeds for her consciousness with the flame. Unless we concede that the AI plot was already jumping the shark.
I'm fine with AIs existing in 50 years considering the current developments. The fact there are only two is less believable than the fact there are two. Implantable technology, same thing, something that is coming in our lifetime.

5min plot I would be okay with:

All of this is cool with me. And yeah, you could easily have an arc of the flame getting put into someone. Have them talk to Clarke about what Lexa's consciousness feels / thinks, which also might give them a good chance to have Clarke properly grieve.

Kyuur

So how will you lot feel when BellaClarke happens?

I'll dislike it. They feel like part of a family to me, not lovers. Same goes for the rest of the old guard 'core' cast.

Edit: Also I'll chime in that I hope they don't bring Lexa back. It was bad enough in the finale.

Youth adult main character dying in last part seems so overused, just let her have a peaceful life. Give her a chance to live instead of survive.

I mean you could say the same thing about Lexa considering her whole arc was about changing her culture into one of "peaceful lives for all" and "life's about more than just surviving" but we all know what happened to that.

Joni

I mean you could say the same thing about Lexa considering her whole arc was about changing her culture into one of "peaceful lives for all" and "life's about more than just surviving" but we all know what happened to that.

She wasn't a main character, she was destined to fail. Same way the villain is never defeated before the last episode. The goal can't be achieved until the main characters are ready to achieve it.

She wasn't a main character, she was destined to fail. Same way the villain is never defeated before the last episode. The goal can't be achieved until the main characters are ready to achieve it.

Her not being a "main character" doesn't mean shit. Clarke and Co. wouldn't have been able to achieve their goals (both in season 2 and 3) without her. betrayal / death or no, she still got them to the end of those arcs. She was just as essential to the plot as any one of them.

Joni

Her not being a "main character" doesn't mean shit. Clarke and Co. wouldn't have been able to achieve their goals (both in season 2 and 3) without her. betrayal / death or no, she still got them to the end of those arcs. She was just as essential to the plot as any one of them.

It was. Look back at both those seasons. Lexa gave some important help, but both times it was Clarke literally pulling the switch. Lexa is the cool NPC in a video game that is very strong and cool, but can't stop the villain. Clarke is the player character that counts on the NPC through the way, but is the one to kill the villain.

It was. Look back at both those seasons. Lexa gave some important help, but both times it was Clarke literally pulling the switch. Lexa is the cool NPC in a video game that is very strong and cool, but can't stop the villain. Clarke is the player character that counts on the NPC through the way, but is the one to kill the villain.

Clarke wouldn't have been able to pull that switch without Lexa. She got her to the base of that mountain and she died so that Clarke could take the chip. If she wasn't necessary to the plot then why did Jason bother to invent her and include her in the show lmao

Anyway I will forever be Captain of the Lexa Defense Force and nothing will change that tbh, goodnight

Joni

Clarke wouldn't have been able to pull that switch without Lexa. She got her to the base of that mountain and she died so that Clarke could take the chip. If she wasn't necessary to the plot then why did Jason bother to invent her and include her in the show lmao

Anyway I will forever be Captain of the Lexa Defense Force and nothing will change that tbh, goodnight

As I said, she is the cool NPC. But she would have never been able to win the conflict. You will simply not see someone else win the game while you're sitting on the sidelines.

Joni

Explain to me exactly how she was "on the sidelines"

"not". Lexa couldn't have achieved the major goal in any season, because that would meant Clarke and the other leads didn't. She can do cool stuff, but she can't strike the final blow. She can't achieve any major plotpoint, because we're watching the adventures of Clarke, Bellamy, Jasper, Raven and Octavia. Not the tale of Lexa, who made sure that Clarke had nothing to do.

Top Bottom