• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S3 |OT| Adventures In Character Assassination - Thursdays 9/8c

Joni

I don't remember liking Anya too much when she appeared, but her death did seem surprisingly sudden. Same with the Queen of the Ice Nation. They cast pretty recognizable character actors, so I think I'm trained to expect then to stick around for longer than a handful of episodes.

That train of thought made me think of Finn. Dude that plays him hasn't been in anything since The 100.

It is a common technique, take actors who you are more likely to care about fast. And indeed, guy's career has disappeared and looking at his Twitter gives chills.

He was in The Devil's Hand with Alycia in 2014, so season 1 or 2 (ish).
Queen Mary, Cami, Lexa, Finn. Mmm, The CW: The Movie.

Wag

Nice wrap up to the season.

So is Clarke going to become overall commander? She was the last person with the AI, and Skycrew is The Thirteenth Tribe.

I just noticed there's a lot of religious references in the show (Judaism in particular). The Thirteenth Tribe, The City of Light, etc, etc.

Joni

Nice wrap up to the season.

So is Clarke going to become overall commander? She was the last person with the AI, and Skycrew is The Thirteenth Tribe.

I just noticed there's a lot of religious references in the show (Judaism in particular). The Thirteenth Tribe, The City of Light, etc, etc.
Even if she didn't have the AI, she just saved everyone from the City of Light. That should be a good reason to elect her.

Even if she didn't have the AI, she just saved everyone from the City of Light. That should be a good reason to elect her.

It's not really an election though. There's no other nightbloods for her to fight in a conclave and she was the last person to have the flame. Everyone's just going to assume she's commander and leave it at that.

Geist-

I wonder if everyone will see it as saving. I imagine a lot of people are going to be pretty pissed off that they're back in the reality of their shitty world.

Also, anyone else a little sad that the City of Light is gone? I love Cyberpunk and I was hoping the 2nd AI would have taken over for Ally, a human race virtual reality hive mind is an amazingly futuristic concept you don't see often.

Probably the writers' continued 'inspiration' from Battlestar Galactica, which was loosely based on the Mormon origin story (centered on the 13th tribe).

It's not really an election though. There's no other nightbloods for her to fight in a conclave and she was the last person to have the flame. Everyone's just going to assume she's commander and leave it at that.

True, though Clarke would've had some competition if Ontari hadn't murdered all the nightblood kids. It would've been nice to get more backstory on the nightblood thing. I assume Becca was the first to have it, but was it a pre-existing genetic condition? Seems odd to code the Flame's access to a genetic mutation which is probably not healthy for those who have it.

Somnia

Probably the writers' continued 'inspiration' from Battlestar Galactica, which was loosely based on the Mormon origin story (centered on the 13th tribe).

True, though Clarke would've had some competition if Ontari hadn't murdered all the nightblood kids. It would've been nice to get more backstory on the nightblood thing. I assume Becca was the first to have it, but was it a pre-existing genetic condition? Seems odd to code the Flame's access to a genetic mutation which is probably not healthy for those who have it.

Becca injected it into herself as seen in the flashbacks in episode 7. It's why she was able to survive the radiation on Earth when she landed, etc.

Someone (I think Javi) mentioned that she tried to get the nightblood into as many survivors as she could when she landed and then it became genetic from there, just very rare still.

Joni

I wonder if everyone will see it as saving. I imagine a lot of people are going to be pretty pissed off that they're back in the reality of their shitty world.

The grounders were largely forced to take the thing it seems, even if it was just by Ontari.

Shows gonna have properly mutated humans with superpowers and shit. Clarke doesn't realize she got infected unknowingly during season 1 with the power to get those around her killed.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
One positive is that their writer's room just opened up this week, so they've been able to look at all the criticisms of Season 3 before starting on Season 4.

I'm hoping for a road trip to stop all the reactors from going critical. New grounder groups probably? Maybe another group like Mt. Weather?

jwk94

One positive is that their writer's room just opened up this week, so they've been able to look at all the criticisms of Season 3 before starting on Season 4.

I'm hoping for a road trip to stop all the reactors from going critical. New grounder groups probably? Maybe another group like Mt. Weather?

Sounds like Clarke has a lot of switches to pull

kirblar

AoS and The 100 deserve a joint smackdown article re: killing SOs over and over and over and over again for diminishing returns.

Since Clarke had the flame, did it copy her? Is there a digital Clexa happening right now. They never really nailed down exactly how it all works. And probably will never speak of it again. :(

I would assume so. I mean, the version of Lexa that we saw is digital, not spiritual. Once you get the AI and you're "compatible", even if it's taken out, a part of you is still embedded in its code.

We'll find out for sure when she dies and goes to former commander happy land in the AI and the series ends with them making out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AoS and The 100 deserve a joint smackdown article re: killing SOs over and over and over and over again for diminishing returns.

If you ever feel your hatred for Jason wavering, just remember:

Qpcn6IX.png

I'm so desperate that I would take this in a heartbeat.

Have you experienced the joy that comes from reading fix it fics

If not you should. No dead girls.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Bellamy will be redeemed and Octavia will die. Bellamy and Clarke will have a kid and call him Moses.

Wars have been started over less. The fan base would rip itself apart.

I can't entertain the idea of Bellamy & Clarke. Season 4 should open with Clarke giving Bellamy a playful punch in the shoulder while saying "Thanks, buddy" just to squash that before it leaves the gate.

Geist-

This would actually be the perfect way to still have an interesting show while allowing The Ark group and the grounders to finally build an actual, peaceful civilization. I mean, how many Ark survivors are left, really?

Bellamy and Clarke are bros, nothing more and even then saying that they are close in the current state of the show is a stretch.

Only Blake Clarke will bang is Octavia.

Beefy

Wars have been started over less. The fan base would rip itself apart.

I can't entertain the idea of Bellamy & Clarke. Season 4 should open with Clarke giving Bellamy a playful punch in the shoulder while saying "Thanks, buddy" just to squash that before it leaves the gate.

I can see them making some one pregnant though. They will make out that it brings hope to a dying world or some crap. It may even be Octavia with Lincoln's child....

Top Bottom