• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willy105 said:
Yep, NeoGAF.
Couldn't just be that it was a bad film that you've convinced yourself is cinematic gold and refuse to argue otherwise without stooping down to the tired "LOL NEOGAF IS FILLED WITH HATERS" argument.

Also: god damn the Academy and their playing off people as per usual. I wanted to hear more from the Crazy Lady. :\

WillyFive

Archaix said:
Cars is easily the worst reviewed Pixar film. Don't act like this is just NeoGAF that doesn't like it.

But it was nothing like it is perceived here.

Pixar's less critically acclaimed film was still a critically acclaimed film, and a very good one as well.

Granted, it didn't have the appeal to kids as their other movies did, but that is one of the reasons it has a fanbase

I AM JOHN! said:
Couldn't just be that it was a bad film that you've convinced yourself is cinematic gold and refuse to argue otherwise without stooping down to the tired "LOL NEOGAF IS FILLED WITH HATERS" argument.

I didn't make myself like it (like with Batman Begins), I actually liked it from the start and was surprised at the reaction by some people here.

And when the perception of movies like Avatar and District 9 changed so drastically just in this thread, it's easy to assume that's the...

OMG STILLER IS AN AVATAR

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
That were perhaps the greatest Oscar moment I've ever seen. I literally had no idea what was going on.

JGS

Banned
B.K. said:
So everyone else that died last year isn't special enough to get a tribute?

No. Considering his influence this was akin to an honorary Oscar. However, there will be a tribute later for all the others probably.

They also may honor another movie celbrity later too if they have the record Hughes had. However, my mind is drawing a blank on who that could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom