• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2010 Academy Awards of Something Something

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

pringles said:
What was so special about Avatar's effects?
smileyindifferenthappy1-1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
:lol :lol

Will the winner be the first woman, the first black winner, or another boring white guy? Stay tuned to find out!!

does james camerons wife have cancer? she isnt lookin so good.
Also with his hot ass ex wife/director who is beating him sitting right in front

Tobor

A woman has never won best director? I'm happy I'm shocked by that. I just assumed it would have happened by now.

QuadCore

Banned
Archaix said:
:lol :lol

Will the winner be the first woman, the first black winner, or another boring white guy? Stay tuned to find out!!

Yeah I don't understand this. It's clearly sexist and racist. I hate comments like this. Aren't we all supposed to be equal?

LOL I think ABC just pulled programming from the place I'm staying at. "No signal."

And apparently back home (Cablevision) got it back before the Oscars came on.

Edit: Nevermind? I think.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
The VFX group should have talked a little bit longer and give a shout out to all the VFX artists in the world, not just the ones at WETA.

Ra\/en

Liara T'Soni said:
LOL why call out the racial/sex potential achievements BEFORE the award? It's cool to rep that stuff after but that was just tacky.

Avatar can not win best picture now. :p

MIMIC

Banned
DeathbyVolcano said:
But it...didn't turn into a cheesy romance? Did you watch the end of the movie?

I don't mean to say "cheesy romance" (kinda misspoke). It just ventured too far into "chick flick" territory for me near the end.

ryan-ts

3, 6, 9
The goose drank wine
The monkey chewed tobacco on the streetcar line
The line broke, the monkey got choked
And they all went to heaven in a little rowboat

Is Happy Town yet ANOTHER attempt by ABC to replace Lost?

I'm enjoying all the genre shows they are backing but I don't know if all of these can survive.

So, let's take bets: who took some substances, be it alcohol or pills or whatever, before showing up to the awards?

It's guaranteed Clooney did, but I bet Bridges is on something too.

GhaleonEB

They should just keep a Clooney-cam in the lower corner the rest of the show.

I think Avatar has probably won all its awards for the night.

Nameless

Aristotlekh said:
It occurs to me that Michael Giacchino's soundtrack to MOH:Frontline is fucking incredible.

Dude you just blew my fucking mind. Really? I remember at the time being astounded by how epic the score was.. Damn, that makes too much fuckin sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom