• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Tomic has been saving them with clutch play. Fed can;t do much when Tomic slams down a big first serve and a crushing forehand.

Definitely. There were a couple sloppy ones earlier in the set, but the last couple, Tomic has been playing great. Just ripping those forehands.

I hate watching Fed play tiebreaks :(

Vomiaouaf

This is such a fantastic match. Because they're both in the zone and play incredibly well. But also because Tomic is unbelievably unlikeable and he's currently getting spanked.

MIMIC

Banned
Monfils vs. Simon?

Ain't nobody got time for that. Seriously....we don't. That match will surely last a few days.

He's in the middle of a beef with Pat Rafter.

Pat is like the nicest guy ever.

And he refused to hit with fellow countryman Layton Hewitt a few years ago. Then him and his dad got pissed off at the Australian Tennis Association and threatened to play for Germany instead. He isn't playing Davis cup for Australia either. Really I don't know why any Aussie would root for him, but I guess they don't have any alternative at this point.

Djokovic v Wawrinka at some completely ungodly hour tomorrow, 2nd night match. Goodbye well adjusted sleep schedule, and fuck you Melbourne time!

If Tomic can keep up this level and even higher throughout his career than he'll definitely win slams. Federer is just too perfect and Tomic just isn't quite there yet.

Woop slept in late and missed the first two sets of the Fed match. Was the 2nd set close at all? It's looking like Fed has got this in the bag.

He's been looking pretty good from I can see. Not Federror-bot. Or has Tomic just not been solid today?

Woop slept in late and missed the first two sets of the Fed match. Was the 2nd set close at all? It's looking like Fed has got this in the bag.

He's been looking pretty good from I can see. Not typical Federer-bot. Or has Tomic just not been solid today?

Tomic's played amazing tennis, probably the best of his career, Federer just perfect. Really high quality match.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

He's been looking pretty good from I can see. Not Federror-bot. Or has Tomic just not been solid today?

Federer choked a couple break points away (has been lousy converting all match), but the others were erased by good play by Tomic. Tomic is doing really well, honestly. Fed is just doing much better. Tomic seems to be tiring a bit now, but he's still cracking those forehands.

Tomic's played amazing tennis, probably the best of his career, Federer just perfect. Really high quality match.

Federer choked a couple break points away (has been lousy converting all match), but the others were erased by good play by Tomic. Tomic is doing really well, honestly. Fed is just doing much better. Tomic seems to be tiring a bit now, but he's still cracking those forehands.

Cool. I've always been a bit of a Tomic supporter. I've always thought he's been under appreciated. It's good to see that he played pretty well today.

edit: Damn! Fed's serve is on point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom