• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im watching (from Perth). Epic match, that point to win the fourth set was insane, and then Novak saving the four break points in the ninth game, crazy!!!!

Rezbit

Agree with commentators, Wawrinka needs to go balls out on Djokovic's serve. No point putting the ball back in his slot.

Yagharek

z4ZsZRB.jpg

I could watch this all night.

clemenx

Banned
Of course, but they're athletes. They are still doing 200km/h serves. They should be able to smash a few back in the return games, but they both seem pretty complacent at the moment.

I don't think you realize how demanding high level tennis is.

Rezbit

Of course I do. As a spectator I would like to see them go nuts on the return. But they both seem reactive on the return rather than proactive, even though yes, I know they're both exhausted. Just a thought.

Shancake

Of course I do. As a spectator I would like to see them go nuts on the return. But they both seem reactive on the return rather than proactive, even though yes, I know they're both exhausted. Just a thought.

The reason they are putting more energy into serving than returning is because its far more important to hold serve than break at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom