• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Huh, good to know. I would also say Radwanska benefits more than Li in playing in hot conditions in terms of fitness and composure.

Should be a tense match, though.

szaromir

Banned
Huh, good to know. I would also say Radwanska benefits more than Li in playing in hot conditions in terms of fitness and composure.

Should be a tense match, though.
I would say it has two advantages. One, you play at 11am period, you don't have to wait after men finish their best of 5 match which can last 60 minutes or 4 hours. Second, in Radwanska's case, given she has very little pace on her shots, playing in faster conditions is slightly more advantageous for her.

Come on Serena, finish Maria in 2 quick sets. I want to see Fed dispatching the servebot.
BTW Kirilenko's boobs have shrunk a little bit over the years, no? Unfortunate side-effect of reducing body fat percentage :(

LuuKyK

I like that guy that said that Serena has a final boss vibe about her. lol Its really fitting.

But yeah, as cool as it is that her serve is great, it makes the match kinda boring tbh. Its just aces, no game. :S

szaromir

Banned
I like that guy that said that Serena has a final boss vibe about her. lol Its really fitting.

But yeah, as cool as it is that her serve is great, it makes the match kinda boring tbh. Its just aces, no game. :S
She broke her opponent twice in the set. :x How is that ''no game"?

seanoff

the mens tour is so much deeper than the womens by so far it's not even funny.

could you imagine Lucie Safarova pushing Serena like Stan pushed Djoker last night.

no you can't. she'd be lucky to win a game.

Gilles Simon apparently took a stance on twitter recently, as did Tipsaravic. The equal pay wall is starting to crumble.

Still. We don't need to hear about it so much during the slams. I want to discuss matches....not about how awful the WTA (supposedly) is.

WTA is down but the piling on about how terrible it is is getting ridiculous.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Still. We don't need to hear about it so much during the slams. I want to discuss matches....not about how awful the WTA (supposedly) is.

WTA is down but the piling on about how terrible it is is getting ridiculous.

Different taste and all that, but terrible is terrible; can't stop people from voicing their opinions.

At least with people doing the piling then the WTA is forced to actually improve stuff.

Different taste and all that, but terrible is terrible.

At least with people doing the piling then the WTA is forced to actually improve stuff.

lol I don't mind criticism....but there are certain posters who never say ANYTHING about the women's side other than complaining about how terrible they are.

I mean if they don't like women's tennis to begin with why do they care?

fisheyes

Since I wasn't online yesterday, I just want to say how good the Djoker / Stan game was last night. I had to get up for work at 6 and I ended up watching it until it ended at 1.15, and I'm exhausted now, but it was totally worth it. I get to sleep in tomorrow, so I'm ready for these two to bring the same standard, thanks

Reyne

A very favorble match-up for Federer, if truth be had. Its not exactly like Raonic is the first guy of his kind that Federer has encountered, and these matches tend to end in the same fashion. The big server starts out with big rockets all over the place, but they eventually lose their pace and is unable to anything.
Roanic, particulary, is also very young and has still a lot to learn.

RedAssedApe

Banned
pretty unimpressed by raonic so far. like isner his return and ground game look like they still need a ton of work.

lol you know fed wants to challenge all of these aces.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

That's because she does. She screams COME ON! and I've probably shitted myself on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom