• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not airing in my country's ESPN. t_t What did she say?

The most snarky remark she gave was when asked about who will win the AO now. She said something to the effect of "Well now with Sloane in the semi's that opens it up for just about anyone". Overall it was fairly tame.

One of the ESL Asian reporters awkwardly asked Serena a dumb question about grunting and being a mentor for Sloane. Serena answered it as well as she could

The most snarky remark she gave was when asked about who will win the AO now. She said something to the effect of "Well now with Sloane in the semi's that opens it up for just about anyone". Overall it was fairly tame.

One of the ESL Asian reporters asked Serena a dumb question about grunting and being a mentor for Sloane. Serena answered it as well as she could

Lol..

Only *thing* I noticed that came off as a little funny in the post-match conference was when the lady asked Serena about giving Sloane advice and whether she would keep doing it. Serena said "Honestly, I've never really given her advice".

Actually though, I think she was trying not to steal any thunder or whatever...not trying to be that old "I taught her so much" type player.

She seems pretty content for the most part. Serena is not the personality that will ever go up there and smile after a loss.

Edit : Ron Paul beat me.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This match is awful. If this is a 6-0 set, I think I'm going to give up on it. Not sure how Chardy beat Murray down in Cinci :/

Edit: He won that game just to spite me :p

Edit2: And got a break back, awwwwww yeaaaaah

LuuKyK

Jennifer Capriati is shading Serena on twitter:

U guys know your stats well:) it is great to see another American and she seems to be sweet.. it's about time there was someone else to challenge... Maybe tennis will become interesting again. I've seen enough Serena to last a life time..lol

https://twitter.com/JenCapriati

oh.gif

bud23

Hope so. I can't stay up for this, so I'm hoping I wake up to a comfortable Fed win. I'm not too worried about it.

Don´t worry about this game, Tsonga is a bad joke when he faces a top 10 ( 0-11 against top 8 players last year).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Don´t worry about this game, Tsonga is a bad joke when he faces a top 10 ( 0-11 against top 8 players last year).

Yeah definitely not worried. Hasn't lost to him since that Wimbledon loss. He'll get through, just want it to be sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom