• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

She cant serve but is running and making the attack movement just fine? Ok. She has two different backs then. lol I bet she is going to make a come back story out of this game. Just watch.

Serena is definitely injured, and she was in control of the match when it happened.

Sloane has lost the plot since the injury though, shes not using it to her advantage. go for the jugular girl!!! KILL KILL KILL

So grand slam number 2 for Azarenka? Or Grand Slam number 5 for Sharapova?

I'd rather have Azarenka because five slams for Sharapova would put her two away from Henin/Venus. ;*(

inm8num2

I don't like to get emotionally invested in sports, but if there's one person I don't like seeing win (or even moreso enjoy seeing lose), it's Serena Williams. No class in interviews after losses, and awful on court behavior.

Soul_Pie

Serena's had a cocktail of painkillers and angry pills by the looks of things.

A more experienced player probably would have finished off Serena this set.

The commentators on ESPN will have no reason to live if Serena loses.

You guys really think they are that biased towards Serena?

On other forums (With more WS fans), it's the exact opposite. People think they make back-handed comments against Serena (I think most agree that everyone just goes light on Venus these days).

For the most part, I think they call it appropriately, considering that Serena, love her or hate her is a an ATG, and an American.

Sloane is just useless, I hope Serena beats her so the ridiculous hype train for this mug can stop.

Win or lose, she's shown some gut in this match. Nerves? Maybe not, but she's played Serena as tough as I've seen anyone play her in like a year, injury or not. Remember, she did have to serve to stay in the set, and then break to win it.

Look back at the Olympic final with Sharapova if you want to see "useless".

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

On other forums (With more WS fans), it's the exact opposite. People think they make back-handed comments against Serena (I think most agree that everyone just goes light on Venus these days).

For the most part, I think they call it appropriately, considering that Serena, love her or hate her is a an ATG, and an American.

It just sounds like they're all depressed as hell lol

Win or lose, she's shown some gut in this match. Nerves? Maybe not, but she's played Serena as tough as I've seen anyone play her in like a year, injury or not. Remember, she did have to serve to stay in the set, and then break to win it.

Look back at the Olympic final with Sharapova if you want to see "useless".
Whhaaaaaa???? They are so Serena biased its insane!

There's the big winner she's been missing all day. Glad Sloane finally connected on one.

edit: now both players are starting to play some solid tennis. It only took until 4 all in the 3rd set

i79estz0vsGEt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom