• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrer isn't even playing badly and is losing convincingly. Has nothing to hurt Djokovic with.

If I were to give them video game stats/10, they would look like this

Ferrer
Speed: 8
Power: 6
Consistency: 8
Intangibles: 7

Djokovic
Speed: 9
Power: 8
Consistency: 8
Intangibles: 9

The numbers (that I made up) don't lie! Ferrer never had a chance tonight

MIMIC

Banned
I want Novak to win, but this is absolutely pathetic. lol

Just think if Nadal AND Novak/Federer/Murray took a leave of absence from the tour. Ferrer could actually grind his way to a final.

HeroMK

Neo Member
This is even more of a beatdown than what Li gave to Sharapova. Ferrer has no chance to beat Djokovic. Less than 1 hour has passed and Djokovic is up 6-2 4-1.

Globox_82

Banned
Good news about who ever play Novak in the final is that Novak can not play twice in a row like this. I wish he saved this for the final.

MIMIC

Banned
eiU0fSY.jpg

DISGUSTING stats

Globox_82

Banned
Brilliant. I would hate to see him lose another final. If he wins here it will boost his confidence and he will be able to attack Nadal for RG trophy. SO important match the final will be.

I really don't think there's a favorite between Murray and Federer tomorrow. Fed is the higher seed, but Murray has the better head to head record. What does Vegas say?

qindarka

Banned
I really don't think there's a favorite between Murray and Federer tomorrow. Fed is the higher seed, but Murray has the better head to head record. What does Vegas say?

Head to head here is deceptive. Federer is 3-0 against him in slam (finals) with a 9-1 set differential. That said, Murray is the slight favorite tomorrow.

HeroMK

Neo Member
Which is something I don't get. He only took one set from fed in GS matches so far. He has to take 3. It will be very very hard for Andy.

Usually when the top 4 play each other intangibles decide which one is the favorite for the vegas bookies.

Murray won the warm up tournament in Brisbane, he hasn't dropped a set here and Federer went 5 sets with Tsonga yesterday and could be less than 100%. That's why they have Murray as the slight favorite going into the match tomorrow. Oddsmakers have Djokovic as a comfortable favorite over both players in the final though.

MIMIC

Banned
It's 50-50 as far as I'm concerned. I don't buy into Murray being any more improved than he was a year ago. The absence of Nadal has allowed Murray to moonwalk into more and more slam finals (like it has allowed Ferrer to get into more semis these days).

If anything, I'd say that he's more confident and that might tip the scale in his favor. HOWEVER, I'm sure that Federer is determined to keep that asterisk next to his losing H2H with Murray and stay 4-0 against him in slams. Federer always rises to the occasion against Novak and Murray and it always takes a special performance to beat him.

It's certainly going to be a battle.

Globox_82

Banned
It's 50-50 as far as I'm concerned. I don't buy into Murray being any more improved than he was a year ago. The absence of Nadal has allowed Murray to moonwalk into more and more slam finals (like it has allowed Ferrer to get into more semis these days).

If anything, I'd say that he's more confident and that might tip the scale in his favor. HOWEVER, I'm sure that Federer is determined to keep that asterisk next to his losing H2H with Murray and stay 4-0 against him in slams. Federer always rises to the occasion against Novak and Murray and it always takes a special performance to beat him.

well said

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Good post.

Just heard about the Azarenka 10 minute timeout to calm her nerves controversy.

I don't even understand why this is a controversy. Who cares if she took a timeout to calm herself down? It's not like there is anything wrong with it.

Also I hope Roger wins this semifinal tonight :D It's so strange seeing him as an underdog.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Federer vs Djokovic have been the best matches of last year. Hope it gets repeated, if Federer is on his top level as well it's going to be one hell of a match

Xun

It's a shame I'll be at work for the match between Murray and Federer tomorrow.

I just hope Murray can do it.

ShyGuy

David Ferrer said:
"I didn't have any chance to win tonight. It was a good three weeks and I'm very happy for that. Of course, I am not happy with my game tonight, but this is tennis. I would prefer to play worse in the semi-finals than in the first round."

Classy guy, is Ferrer. It's a shame he got demolished and was made to look a fool in that semi, because he really embodies a lot of good qualities in an athlete. Tenacity, Spirit, Heart...he has gotten the absolute best out of himself and it just isn't up to the par of the "big four".

Felt sorry for him but he can console himself with a #4 ranking on Monday and be happy with his 19 tour-level titles.

Would be hilarious if Nadal isn't able to crack the top 4 by Roland Garros. I bet they would give him an undeserved higher seed, but still.

Commentators before were saying that Roland Garros would be able to seed him as #1 if they wanted and they probably should because if he's lower than 4th, he could end up playing somebody like Roger Federer in the 3rd round or something, which would be an outrage.

And the #1 seeding would be fair cause he wins every Roland Garros he participates in lol. And he won almost every tournament leading up to Roland Garros that was on clay, so he's gonna lose alotta points if hes not back around that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom