• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Australian Open Tennis Championships (Melbourne, Jan. 14-27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come some times semifinals in grand slams are the 1v4 and 2v3 seeds and other times it's 1v3 and 2v4 seeds?

what mimic said. the reason for that is to not have the same semis every tournament and tennis changes surfaces which (or used to) alter the game completely. no 3 might be no. 2 on sand.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
if federer wins i want it in 3 or short 4. no way he wins a fiver and stands a chance against a well rested djoker.

I'm inclined to agree with you there. He'll have had a lot of rest compared to Roger, and obviously recovers quicker than him as well.

Reyne

Relatively easy hold, actually. Lets start talking about tough holds once they start hovering around the deuces for five minutes.

inm8num2

I have a bad feeling about this for R Fed. He just doesn't have the youth to sustain himself through consecutive, intense 4-5 set matches against top 7 players.

I'm inclined to agree with you there. He'll have had a lot of rest compared to Roger, and obviously recovers quicker than him as well.

i'd rather take a SF out against murray than add Novak to the short list of people who beat Federer in a GS Final.

2 poor errors from Murray there. Easy shots hit long and short

edit: Another break oppurunity. Don't waste it...

edit 2: Damn. Nervous shots

edit 3: And again...

Reyne

Murray is rallying well, thats for sure. Of course he is consistently going to win the longer rallies. Which is why Federer needs to start serving much better than this.

Reyne

Welp, Murray botched that somewhat. Maybe he is feeling nervous about being in the lead, giving Federer a break point :p

MIMIC

Banned
Fed cannot try to do that pushing, grind-a-thon crap with Murray. Murray is in another league when it comes to that kind of stuff.

Perhaps he was just nervous in the 1st few games. But whatever the case was, it will NOT work.

good game by Federer. Good game, but also a lot of Murray errors.

Fed needs to just stick to his game, and not try to push like Murray. Murray is the queen of pushing, it won't work for Federer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom