• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread |OT| Plenty of Time Left in the Silly Season

Mastah

E21cam6.jpg

E21cam2.jpg

Staab

Welp that was short !

I like the car, don't mind the red so much but goddamnit we're stuck with those noses again...
Should've made the cosmetic piece mandatory =(

Addnan

Aww, stepped nose. Car looks pretty much the same, but more red. I think last years only gold/black looked nicer.

The Burn advertising looks a little odd. I had to google to see its a energy drink.

I keep forgetting this thread exists :(

Wouldn't that be where the visor strips are?

I've just looked at some others and I guess not. Shame, makes the helmet look tacky.

dubc35

Boo :(
Lotus technical director James Allison believes the team’s rivals will also have stepped noses on their cars as the E21 does.

*snip*

“However, such a panel is optional and I would not be surprised if the majority of the grid chose not to make use of it. The panel will add a few grams of weight and so is only likely to run on the car if a team can find a performance benefit for doing so.”
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/01/28/allison-expects-rivals-cars-stepped-noses/

There's a story on autosport (on my phone, so just imagine there's a link here) about an American/Canadian effort to buyout HRT's entry - cars and resources to boot.

The article claims that they have Bernie's blessing, but expect that the FIA wouldn't grant them an entry before 2014.

If true, this is pretty great news. I really hope they don't try and rush themselves onto the 2013 grid though as surely it's too late to get into a worthwhile state, especially if you're starting with HRT's car as a base.

Adamm

There's a story on autosport (on my phone, so just imagine there's a link here) about an American/Canadian effort to buyout HRT's entry - cars and resources to boot.

The article claims that they have Bernie's blessing, but expect that the FIA wouldn't grant them an entry before 2014.

If true, this is pretty great news. I really hope they don't try and rush themselves onto the 2013 grid though as surely it's too late to get into a worthwhile state, especially if you're starting with HRT's car as a base.

Great news!

I was surprised there wasnt more talk of them being bought over sooner

Top Bottom