• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2013 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread |OT| Plenty of Time Left in the Silly Season

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Scorpion Racing. Amazing. It'll be great seeing a new team on the grid! Especially one with a name like that.

DD

tumblr_lu2a4rU3fI1qgoje4o1_500.png

Yes, please.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
And with the engine change next year, it's probably as good a time as any to attempt to get the HRT to a semi-competitive level.

So one of my friend's CV got picked up by an F1 team to do Masters Thesis in Computational Fluid Dynamics.

He said 35 students applied to the team and only 2 got picked, including him.

Fuck me, I'm so happy for him! Which team? I'll provide that once me/he's allowed to do so. One of the top 3 team.

Lach

So one of my friend's CV got picked up by an F1 team to do Masters Thesis in Computational Fluid Dynamics.

He said 35 students applied to the team and only 2 got picked, including him.

Fuck me, I'm so happy for him! Which team? I'll provide that once me/he's allowed to do so. One of the top 3 team.

End of 2011 Sauber had a Job opening for someone helping to build up the teams IT Infrastructure on location for each race. Sometimes I still regret not applying.

Goldrusher

End of 2011 Sauber had a Job opening for someone helping to build up the teams IT Infrastructure on location for each race. Sometimes I still regret not applying.

Ahh that sucks. Yeah, I'm going to start applying as soon as I get some work experience. That and I'm going to master some of the software that they use.

Love Kimi's new helmet..

Why does the car feature Kimi's name? I think the amount of red on the car is to show Hinwil that red looks good on it.

cmr-94

It was probably posted already, but NBG and Ecclestone have come to an agreement and the race will take place at Nürburgring (this year). It was confirmed by members of the government of Rhineland-Palatinate today.

Haven't heard about this....source?

cmr-94

German TV. It's also reported by local newspaper Rhein-Zeitung, which is usually well-informed when it comes to the local government.

And as far as I can tell it's been officially confirmed by government officials.

good! the more races the better

Bollocks. There were no hotels available anywhere near the track. Getting there is going to be a pain in the arse.

Anyone had any experience of that one?

Shaneus

All good, MJ. I was only going if there were two races a week apart in Europe anyway. Seeing as that's not happening, I wasn't going anyway.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
My guess is it'll have a stepped nose. Their curved nose was the best they could do last year without designing a whole new chassis/front suspension.

Paddy Lowe will also be absent from the car launch today, further fuelling the rumours that he has joined Mercedes.

Risgroo

My guess is it'll have a stepped nose. Their curved nose was the best they could do last year without designing a whole new chassis/front suspension.

Paddy Lowe will also be absent from the car launch today, further fuelling the rumours that he has joined Mercedes.

If he leaves, who could replace him? I'm sure there are a few good guys out there, but I haven't heard of any besides Allison, who seems likely to stay at Lotus.

navanman

But why would they change it for one season?
Its a competitive advantage in a season where the rules are very stable and its getting harder to edge out an advantage.

ScarbsF1 thinks it'll have stepped nose (with vanity panel), pull-rod front suspension.

navanman

Looks like money talks and someone payed up as the German GP is going ahead as planned.

The Nurburgring has confirmed that it has reached an agreement with Bernie Ecclestone to host the German GP as planned on July 7.

Reuters reports this morning that the circuit has issued a statement confirming the new deal.

It quotes Ecclestone as saying: “I treasure the Nurburgring and its history. In view of its long tradition, I was glad to support choosing the Nurburgring as the venue for the Formula One.”

The track has been in serious financial problems since the local government backed plans to to turn it into a tourist attraction.

Top Bottom