• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

it'd be great if venus ended up preventing serena's calendar year grand slam, considering how many times she has lost to her in the finals.

but really, even if venus could win she would probably let serena take the match.

Its pretty obvious that she will not even try to win the match. lol

it'd be great if venus ended up preventing serena's calendar year grand slam, considering how many times she has lost to her in the finals.

but really, even if venus could win she would probably let serena take the match.

Who was the WTA player that said in a press conference that "Venus v. Serena was a family decision"?

I remember she was forced to apologize after that comment

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like her, but that's super unfortunate. I hope she recovers soon. :/

LuuKyK

:(

Head injuries can get really serious, I hope it doesnt leave her with any lingering problems like migraines or dizziness, because it can happen.

Wait, Serena just won...?

No comments on the match during the whole match?

It was a really boring match.

Head injuries can get really serious, I hope it doesnt leave her with any lingering problems like migraines or dizziness, because it can happen.

It wasnt at all, Keys had some awesome game winners. Her power is something else.
Shell be a top ranked player someday.

sam777

I didn't think it was. Keys played some excellent points and with her power I wouldn't be surprised if she is a slam contender in the next few years.

Bah, Murray got Armstrong tomorrow during the day. That court is like his kryptonite, and I'd imagine it's less than ideal to play a big server like Anderson there.

Ricker

Ah man too bad about Genie,she was getting her confidence back,I think she would of won against Vinci this time...oh well,you don't mess with a concussion, hope she heals well...

zero_suit

Tsonga seems to be breezing through his matches. Is he playing well or is his competition lacking? Both?

Concerning Venus versus Serena, if Serena wasn't about to make history, I would be pulling for Vee.

Smellycat

I am very surprised that the Serena/Madison match was during the day. Outcome aside, why would they schedule Makarova/Mladenovic as the night match? Bizarre to be honest. Unless they wanted to have the Williams Sisters play back to back to generate excitement for their anticipated QF.

sam777

No surprise to see Fognini losing, the Nadal curse continues. Since January I believe only Djokovic has beat Nadal and went on to win the next round I believe (RG, qf).

Although Fognini may still do a comeback.

Tsonga seems to be breezing through his matches. Is he playing well or is his competition lacking? Both?

Concerning Venus versus Serena, if Serena wasn't about to make history, I would be pulling for Vee.

Five players (Tsonga, Djokovic, Federer, Isner, Wawrinka) yet to drop a set.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Lopez keeps serving well to get out of trouble

Edit: shame Fognini couldn't play better.

i just looked it up:
Qatar: lost against Berrer 1R, Berrer lost 2R
AO: lost against Berdych QF, Berdych lost SF to Murray
Rio: lost against Fognini in SF, Fognini lost Finals against Ferrer
IW: lost against Raonic in QF, Raonic lost against Federer in SF
Miami: lost against Verdasco in 3R, Verdasco lost in 4R
Monte Carl: lost against Djoker in SF, Djoker wins tournament
Barcelona: lost against Fognini 3R, Fognini lost in 4R
Madrid: lost in Finals to Murray
Rome: lost to Wawa in QF, Wawa lost to Federer in SF
French Open: lost to Djokovic in QF, Djokovic won SF but lost Finals to Wawa
Queens: lost to Dolgolopov 1R, Dolgo lost 2R
Wimby: lost to Brown 2R, Brown lost 3R
Montreal: lost to Kei QF, Kei lost to Murray SF
Cincy: lost to Lopez 3R, Lopez lost 4R against Federer
USO: lost to Fognini 3R, Fognini lost 4R round against Lopez

updated

Memles

I am very surprised that the Serena/Madison match was during the day. Outcome aside, why would they schedule Makarova/Mladenovic as the night match? Bizarre to be honest. Unless they wanted to have the Williams Sisters play back to back to generate excitement for their anticipated QF.

They do this on Labor Day Weekend—while they're competing against other competition in the evening, they've got the daytime to themselves, and so they typically put marquee matchups in the afternoon.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hope Tsonga beats Cilic. Cilic has won their last three matches, but they've never played each other in a slam.

szaromir

Banned
It hasn't helped that the draw is loop sided.

Tomorrow the matches look so much better. Anderson could cause Murray problems. Berdych vs Gasquet will be match of the day.

Federer vs Isner isn't a done deal by any means. Fed was off against Kohlschreiber and with Isner's serve it's always a lottery anyway.

Wow, Djokovic is playing aggressive tennis. Such an uncommon sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom