• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuuKyK

What happened exactly?

She asked a trainer to prepare her ice bath for after her press conference. When she got to the bathroom, not only wasnt her bath ready, the room was completely slippery and the lights were turned off, she went searching for a way to turn the lights on and fell hitting her elbow and the back of her head. Seriously embarassing that it happened at a slam of all places.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
She asked a trainer to prepare her ice bath for after her press conference. When she got to the bathroom, not only wasnt her bath ready, the room was completely slippery and the lights were turned off, she went searching for a way to turn the lights on and fell hitting her elbow and the back of her head. Seriously embarassing that it happened at a slam of all places.

The fuck? That sounds really fishy.

sam777

Sounds dodgy that.

sam777

What's up with Donald Young these days he is like a different player.
Edit: Young with a double break in the second set

can she sue? i mean she potentially lost quite a bit of money.

Looks to me, on the face of it, like a negligence action waiting to happen. Unmarked spillage, dark locker room, and she'd already requested her bath be ready. Obviously there's a duty of care owed to the players when they come off the court and it wasn't met in this case. Depending on her recovery speed the loss of earnings could be considerable (obviously there's the potential prize money from winning further rounds to take into account, but also potential sponsorships lost, tournaments missed, confidence lost as a result). If there's long-term damage then there could be very high damages involved. For her, and the USTA's sake, I hope she makes a quick recovery.

oti

Banned
ITF Future maybe.

BURN.gif

Thiem is the future of tennis.

Eurosport talking about best of 5 for the ladies oh god please no

yeah, saw that too.
i think the "women play bo3 so they shouldn't get the same amount of money"-argument is bullshit.

they should get less because they generate less revenue :D

i don't actually care

oti

Banned
yeah, saw that too.
i think the "women play bo3 so they shouldn't get the same amount of money"-argument is bullshit.

they should get less because they generate less revenue :D

i don't actually care

strictly economically speaking you're right

but you're still wrong

Bencic is overrarwd

TBH I think the equal pay is a large part of what makes tennis special. It should stay.

I am not opposed to 5 sets either. I think it would dampen the power game and encourage more serve/volley.

TBH I think the equal pay is a large part of what makes tennis special. It should stay.

I am not opposed to 5 sets either. I think it would dampen the power game and encourage more serve/volley.

it should be more across the board and flatter payout. Prize money is nothing for players like Federer, Djokovic, Sharapova, Williams..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom