• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smellycat

WOW!!

Good for RBA!!!

Did you watch that match where he beat del Potro in 5 sets at the AO?

I can't say I have to be honest. I have seen him play Federer a couple of times, and he seemed to have harmless groundstrokes. I mostly thought of him as someone who plays his opponents into form.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Shame that he let those opportunities slip.

Nice hold there after going down 0-30

Edit: RBA seems to be flagging a bit now.

MIMIC

Banned
Novak ^_^

I always knew RBA was a fighter. I was really impressed from that match he played a few weeks ago (IIRC, it was on clay). He really puts forth a lot of effort and work in his matches. His BH, however, is not up to par. Definitely needs to work on that.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I haven't watched a lot of women's tennis lately - would it be presumptious to say that this makarova/maldenovic match (only 1 set in) might be a contender for match of the year? Super entertaining.

Silkworm

I haven't watched a lot of women's tennis lately - would it be presumptious to say that this makarova/maldenovic match (only 1 set in) might be a contender for match of the year? Super entertaining.

It's good but I think the Azarenka vs Kerber match from yesterday was a higher quality match (those rallies!). But we'll see how this match between Makarova and Mladenovic plays out.

Holy crap Mladenovic converted on a tweener! Women don't attempt that often

Women should attempt it more because they don't have to worry about hitting their balls

edit: I played tennis about an hour ago and hit a successful tweener in our match. They're fun to attempt

Silkworm

Fixed for accuracy

Ha! True, there are a lot of "C'mon's" from both sides. At least it's helping me keep my eyes open ;-)

Unfortuantley Malakova is going to need a ton of "C'mon's" if she going to come back from an 0-3 deficit. Looks like Mladenovic is in control.

Niraj

Wow that third set really got out of hand quickly. Nice win for Mladenovic. Played incredibly well.

Silkworm

Wow that third set really got out of hand quickly. Nice win for Mladenovic. Played incredibly well.

Yep. Makarova came a bit undone in the 3rd set. Mladenovic took advantage and played well throughout. Good win for Mladenovic and on to the quarterfinals for the 1st time!

Niraj

Yep. Makarova came a bit undone in the 3rd set. Mladenovic took advantage and played well throughout. Good win for Mladenovic and on to the quarterfinals for the 1st time!

I think she has a really good shot at making the semis.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
rba certainly did better than expected, but i think it's a safe bet djokovic will play a lot better in the quarters and semis. not that his cakewalk draw would require it.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
rba certainly did better than expected, but i think it's a safe bet djokovic will play a lot better in the quarters and semis. not that his cakewalk draw would require it.

Don't know. RBA wasn't really that testing outside of a brief stretch and Djokovic's draw has been so easy and will continue to be so easy he might not get a chance to play himself into form. Especially compared to whoever makes the final from the Wawrinka/Murray/Federer block.

Diamond

only 5 more years to get Federer's record.

Roger's consecutive QFs record stands at 36 "only" (45 is his non consecutive total), so two and a half years "only". :)

Don't know. RBA wasn't really that testing outside of a brief stretch and Djokovic's draw has been so easy and will continue to be so easy he might not get a chance to play himself into form. Especially compared to whoever makes the final from the Wawrinka/Murray/Federer block.

Yup, an easy draw can come bite you in the ass later.

Niraj

Azarenka-Lepchenko was pretty straightforward. I'm kind of amazed with how sloppy Stan has looked that he hasn't dropped a set yet. Guess he's playing the big points well enough. I don't think Donald will trouble him unless the errors creep up.

LuuKyK

Jesus, just read the detailed explanation on the Genie incident and why she fell going for her ice bath. USTA should be ashamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom