• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

totoro'd

Fucking drake

YViGsCB.gif

Wow. What a performance from Vinci, such mental strength, such superb technique with her slice and defense at the net. But has to be said - Serena let the nerves and tension get the better of her, especially towards the end.

Would love to see Steffii Graf's reaction to the end of that match.

Griss

Took a late lunch to catch the end, delighted I did.

I genuinely believed that only a Serena meltdown could derail her, that only Serena could beat Serena. But I was wrong. That was stunning from Vinci. Just stunning tennis under the greatest pressure.

So what if the final will have a smaller audience, that was a GOAT tennis match which is more important.

300-1 to win today, good grief

Saw a guy online bet 3,000 to win 100 on Serena, laughing at others for not taking 'free money' from the bookies. LOL

I doubt it, she still has the gold medal; Serena can't win that no matter how well she plays.

Golden slam is kind of a stupid record (hell.... year slam is as well).

Your total number of slams isn't luck overall.

Happening to win 4 in a row, and having those 4 in a row happen in the same year, and it happening to be an Olympic year.... is luck.

Saw a guy online bet 3,000 to win 100 on Serena, laughing at others for not taking 'free money' from the bookies. LOL

The bookies will have made a killing today. All the calender Slam bets died, as well as the massive amount of money on Serena to win the USO and to win today. Celebrations at Betfred's HQ no doubt.

Golden slam is kind of a stupid record (hell.... year slam is as well).

Your total number of slams isn't luck overall.

Happening to win 4 in a row, and having those 4 in a row happen in the same year, and it happening to be an Olympic year.... is luck.

I think if they actually shortened the tennis season to something like 8 months. Instead of having tennis tournaments virtually all year. The year end stats would have more merit.

But your right, the way it is now seems like a pointless distinction.

At the end of the day she still won four slams in a row.

Crud

Banned
Fucking Drake of course its his fucking fault. Probably tried to give her her a uplifting speech that someone else wrote to her.

Vinci got baited into a few traps where were only option was a defensive lob, but on the points that she won, her touch and positioning were outstanding.

Pedrito

Serena lost? The fuck? And to think Vinci was barely able to win a match in the first half the year. Oldest slam final ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom