• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 US Open |OT| 31th August – 13th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peru

Through past five seasons the WTA players are as consistent as ATP top players, so no, Serena hasn't been winning in a field full of floppers. Early retirements and injuries earlier in the millenium obviously took away some top contenders and stars, but let's not get hyperbolic about it in service of dismissing her feats.

oti

Banned
Through past five seasons the WTA players are as consistent as ATP top players, so no, Serena hasn't been winning in a field full of floppers. Early retirements and injuries earlier in the millenium obviously took away some top contenders and stars, but let's not get hyperbolic about it in service of dismissing her feats.

Man, what if Clijsters and Henin were still on the tour though. This whole thing would be so much more interesting for everyone.

clemenx

Banned
I'm do like Serena but she has a bad attitude with losses. Ñ Nothing wrong with saying that. People that run to defend her when someone say something not positive about her get annoying.

I'm do like Serena but she has a bad attitude with losses. Ñ Nothing wrong with saying that. People that run to defend her when someone say something not positive about her get annoying.

There's no denying that she's a sore loser, but I actually find her honesty refreshing. Maybe that's why she actually has friends on tour.

IISANDERII

Just found out

pEyd7le.gif

It's almost like you completely ignored the first sentence of my post.

The first part of your post is stupid.

This is FAR from one of the biggest collapses.

2-6 6-4 6-4 is far from a collapse.

She said as politely as possible to not ask her about certain things. She's clearly emotional about the whole thing. She was composed and dealing. She was also SUPER gracious and complimentary to Vinci. Some days, GAF....I swear. It's an effort not to type something that will get banned.
\

Gaf bends over backward to give shit to any successful woman. Nothing new to see here.

Ricker

Vinci came out of the section that was open due to Sharapova's withdrawal. It was her plan all along. Lol trollpova.

And Genie's bad luck...she was on a roll but still,cant take anything away from Vinci,she just beat Serena for crying out loud ;)

oti

Banned
She's kind of rude and comes off as entitled. The screams after winning a point really don't help either.

Her attidute on court isn't the best, so what. I remember Henin's opponents hating her "Allez!" but who cares. When it comes to tennis she can beat everyone with ease.

Rooting for Cilic and Federer.
I just want Federer to win please Roger this is important to me for some reason you're my favourite millionaire

I hope this puts to rest the talks of Serena being GOAT. Evert, Navratilova, Graf, Court would have never lost that match.

Really?
Serena's first Serena Slam in 2002 - 2003 remains the greatest feat in women's tennis, even better than Graf's 88 Golden Slam.

Reason being, 02-03 was the most loaded the women's game has ever been.

Look who was around then -
Prime - Venus, Davenport, Capriati, Hingis
Emerging prime - Henin, Clijsters, Mauresmo
Past prime - Seles
Dementevia was a top 10 player in 03.
Sharapova and Kuznetsova were a year away from winning their first slams.

Serena won 4 slams in a row, and 5 out of 6 total from 02-03.
Hell, it could've been 6 straight slams if not for Henin's hand lying chicanery in the 03 French Open semifinal.

Point being, Serena dominated the sport at a time when it was the best it's ever been.

Nevermind she's got the greatest serve ever, far better backhand than Graf, and superior clutchness (despite today).
Forehand and movement - both are great.

Serena will still go down as the GOAT

The GOAT talk in Tennis threads is so boring. There is no way to know, Tennis has too many variables and the game can change so much from one generation to the next.

Djokovic is stomping Cilic right now

The GOAT talk in Tennis threads is so boring. There is no way to know, Tennis has too many variables and the game can change so much from one generation to the next.

Djokovic is stomping Cilic right now

Overall I agree.

The best you can do is be the best of your era. Everything else is really an unknown.

Serena has accomplished all she needs to accomplish. Beating Graff in total slams would be nice though.

SSPssp

I don't think Cilic has a chance of winning this so I hope Djokovic blanks him in the next 2 sets as well. That would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom