• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2nd Democratic National Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowster

I'm excited to hear Hillary's answers on these things. She's a very good speaker and quite knowledgeable about this.

boiled goose

good with gravy
It's not like she had a bad performance during the first debate. And coming off her strength during the Benghazi hearings, I don't think her campaign has a reason to become camera shy.

If there weren't any more debates she would win. She has the most name recognition and is the one to lose the nomination.

The less exposure the better for her.

If there weren't any more debates she would win. She has the most name recognition and is the one to lose the nomination.

The less exposure the better for her.

Just speaking as personal anecdote, but my opinion of Clinton actually improved after seeing her in the first debate, being somewhat lukewarm to her candidacy prior. But I understand that she's the one with the most to lose if something in these debates catches her off-guard.

UraMallas

Just speaking as personal anecdote, but my opinion of Clinton actually improved after seeing her in the first debate, being somewhat lukewarm to her candidacy prior. But I understand that she's the one with the most to lose if something in these debates catches her off-guard.
Anecdotally, my opinion also became more favorable of her after the first debate.

I'm excited to hear Hillary's answers on these things. She's a very good speaker and quite knowledgeable about this.

She's a good debater, given her law background. She's not a good orator in the vein of Obama, though. I imagine given the attacks yesterday that's she's going to unfurl her hawk wings.

RELIGHT

Banned
Yeah, voting republican instead of hilary would reeeeally teach DEMOCRATS a lesson. Definitely wouldn't negatively impact the lives of the middle class and minorities especially Hispanics.

To be honest ALL but one of these candidates are god awful and that's Bernie Sanders. He's not in anyone's pocket and doesn't take shit from anyone. We're long overdue for a President that talks the talk and walks the walk. If you want to reclaim REAL democracy, feel the bern because he's going to get money out of politics and overule the law that corporations are people.

boiled goose

good with gravy

I agree.
She did well.

The problem is her credibility when it comes to her corruption. Money influencing politics is a big issue for Americans

legacyzero

Banned
Tonight's the night, Bernie. Gimme some of that good foreign policy talk, and I think you'll have my vote locked in. The only place he seems to be falling behind in.

RELIGHT

Banned
Don't believe hildogs lies. She's in the pocket of wallstreet and will do absolutely nothing to better the socioeconomic standing of the middle class. She also doesn't seem to understand or care about the weight of the proverbial race war occurring in America atm. Her stances are weak and her intentions are underwhelming. I wish Bill could run again :(

Don't believe hildogs lies. She's in the pocket of wallstreet and will do absolutely nothing to better the socioeconomic standing of the middle class. She also doesn't seem to understand or care about the weight of the proverbial race war occurring in America atm. Her stances are weak and her intentions are underwhelming. I wish Bill could run again :(

leon.png

OMG, that's hilarious and 99% accurate too (I can at least concede her 1%) ;).

I'm looking forward to my local debate party, which looks like it might attract 20 (currently 17), which is a big drop from the 70 we had at the last debate, but not bad.

P.S. goodluck to anyone trying to find a Hillary party, as they seem to be practically non-existent.

RELIGHT

Banned

Well it's true. Her plan essentially is to keep things the same expect be more obvious about it than Obama.

I'm sorry dude but I was a HUGE obama supporter and thought we'd have economic balance as well as universal Healthcare by now. But none of that has happened. He's spent too much time trying to appease the right and create bipartisanship when he should have simply proceeded with his policies without them. His initial proposals have been great but have never turned out like they should have. It's like he didn't realize he had the biggest weapon of all, the majority of the population.

Anyways, feel the damn bern and keep it moving.

Well it's true. Her plan essentially is to keep things the same expect be more obvious about it than Obama.

I'm sorry dude but I was a HUGE obama supporter and thought we'd have economic balance as well as universal Healthcare by now. But none of that has happened. He's spent too much time trying to appease the right and create bipartisanship when he should have simply proceeded with his policies without them. His initial proposals have been great but have never turned out like they should have. It's like he didn't realize he had the biggest weapon of all, the majority of the population.

That was never, ever going to happen. I mean...you set your expectations entirely too high. Should Bernie win (he won't get the nomination, and would be destroyed in the General if he did), you'll find that the Bern would be far less effective that 2009 Obama at getting things through Congress.

Daniel B·;185474021 said:
OMG, that's hilarious and 99% accurate too (I can at least concede her 1%) ;).

I'm looking forward to my local debate party, which looks like it might attract 20 (currently 17), which is a big drop from the 70 we had at the last debate, but not bad.

P.S. goodluck to anyone trying to find a Hillary party, as they seem to be practically non-existent.

Hillary is done. Low to non-existent debate parties have historically been a good indicator of a candidate's actual performance.

ivysaur12

Banned

You actually thought that you'd have something that would be politically unfeasible that Obama did not campaign on?

Blader

We do have universal healthcare now. It's not single payer, but it's still universal healthcare and it lays the groundwork for single payer down the line -- groundwork that hadn't existed until five years ago.

That was never, ever going to happen. I mean...you set your expectations entirely too high. Should Bernie win (he won't get the nomination, and would be destroyed in the General if he did), you'll find that the Bern would be far less effective that 2009 Obama at getting things through Congress.

Wrong. Every poll out so far has Bernie beating the repubs at a higher margin than hillary.

Man people forget how much shit Obama was getting from his own fellow Democrats back in 2009 and 2010. Landrieu, Nelson, Lieberman, and other Blue Dogs were all threatening to filibuster the health care bill if it contained any hint of Medicare expansion.

RELIGHT

Banned
We do have universal healthcare now. It's not single payer, but it's still universal healthcare and it lays the groundwork for single payer down the line -- groundwork that hadn't existed until five years ago.

He have a public mandate but not a public option. Not the same as universal healthcare.

dramatis

Ah yes, this all powerful weapon that brought us a Republican House and a Republican Senate during Obama's two midterm elections.

Also bs. Why is it when a poll favors bernie it's "too soon" but when a poll favors Hillary it's just writing on the wall? Confirmation bias on Neogaf.

I'm saying the head to head polls are never accurate. I wouldn't trust the Clinton vs. Trump poll either, this has nothing to do with Sanders.

Traditional polling within the party is usually reliable.

Tough break for Bernie. I don't think having this debate switch focus from the economy to foreign policy will do him any favors.

Here's what Adam had to say (in PoliGAF), and my response:

Daniel B·;185453105 said:
Ohhhh, yes. HIllary knows her shit on foreign policy. Sanders...eh, not quite as much. A foreign policy debate should favor Hillary. She's already seen as better able to handle national security and foreign policy than Sanders by a decent margin in several polls I've read. The fact that they had to change it because of the violence in Paris...I just get so sick of all of us killing each other over nothing. It sickens and saddens me.
The loss of the innocent lives in Paris (now 129, according to BBC), is a tragedy, that we, the United States, are in large part responsible, for creating the barbaric monster, that is the Islamic State, by deposing Sadam Hussein, the dictator that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11, without a plan or the huge resources required to make Iraq a viable country, after the fact. Yes, there will be plenty to talk about on foreign policy, such as Bernie's stand against the second Iraq war, where he and others predicted the turmoil that would be unleashed, and the establishment war machine has a lot to answer for.

Hillary's op-ed How I Would Reaffirm Unbreakable Bond With Israel — and Benjamin Netanyahu was not helpful, at all, with her saying "ld also invite the Israeli prime minister to the White House in my first month in office". A significant factor for the decades long tension, in the region, is our sometimes too cozy relationship with Israel, which, although Obama has achieved nothing on this front, I believe his heart was in the right place, but, with with Hillary, I see little distinction between her adoration for Netanyahu, and the Republicans, when Netanyahu's hardline stance is a big part of the problem. As Bernie has said, no one is talking about weakening the security of Israel, we just believe the Palestinian people have just as much of a right to live in peace and prosperity, with their own state.

Also bs. Why is it when a poll favors bernie it's "too soon" but when a poll favors Hillary it's just writing on the wall? Confirmation bias on Neogaf.

It's not bullshit at all. GE Polls are worthless one year out.

Polls are currently showing the Dems would lose Minnesota by a huge margin and win Florida comfortably. Does that seem likely to you?

I'm saying the head to head polls are never accurate. I wouldn't trust the Clinton vs. Trump poll either, this has nothing to do with Sanders.

Traditional polling within the party is usually reliable.

The point I was trying to make was that either all polls are fair game or none are. None of this pick and choose so long as it favors your* candidate

*your in the general sense not this poster specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom