• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3rd Super Robot Wars Z - Jigoku-hen |OT| Localized when hell chapter freezes over

Sakura

I really liked the Z2 games, so I'm looking forward to this, though I won't be able to get it when it comes out.

Bebpo

Banned
P-A is sometimes awesome, sometimes slightly less. There are times when I get a game here in California, first thing Friday morning after it releases in Japan on Thursday using Fedex. Which is great because I get to play it over the weekend.

Then sometimes it doesn't come until Monday (I send it to my work, which is closed on the weekends; I guess if I sent it to my house maybe they'd deliver on Saturdays) and then it sucks because I don't have much time to play it until the next weekend (and in this case I'm on vacation the next weekend, so won't get to play it much for a couple of weeks).

Zengar

The only thing I'm worry about in this game is Banpresto pulling a Z2.1 again, i.e. removing the final attacks of all the units so they could add them later in Z2.2.

Are they giving SRW1 with digital copies too or is it physical only? Probably should have thought about that before I bought the 10k card...

Voror

Always wanted to try one of these games though was always worried I wouldn't have any idea what was going on.

Still having something like this on my vita would be fantastic.

Tsukumo

Are they giving SRW1 with digital copies too or is it physical only? Probably should have thought about that before I bought the 10k card...

Also with digital. It's like Infinite Battle and Dark Prison: SRW HD remake is "attached" to SRW Z3 until april 24. After that date, people will have to pay 1240 yen.
Since you are buying the digital, a couple of questions:
- when do you think the game will be available for preload?
- are there any compatibility issues for PS3 dlc like there are for Vita's? I have an EU PS3.

Also with digital. It's like Infinite Battle and Dark Prison: SRW HD remake is "attached" to SRW Z3 until april 24. After that date, people will have to pay 1240 yen.
Since you are buying the digital, a couple of questions:
- when do you think the game will be available for preload?
- are there any compatibility issues for PS3 dlc like there are for Vita's? I have an EU PS3.
Thanks. I never do preloads so I don't know about that.

As for dlc, that doesn't matter as long as the game and dlc are from the same region. It's been a while since I've bought dlc for an imported game so I can't remember if you'd need to play on your JPN account or not like you do with online passes.

That's about as inconvenient as it'll get though. Nothing like the switching/reformatting cards you have to do with the Vita.

Voror

How do they get around it in Japan? Is it that the rights for this sort of thing are all with the same company?

Coppanuva

How do they get around it in Japan? Is it that the rights for this sort of thing are all with the same company?

I think it's more that the rights actually all exist over there. Once you bring in import you have to pay for licensing fees from the US companies (and the Japanese ones maybe? I don't know on this), and some of the series in it don't have US distributors, so they'd need to buy the rights to the license in the US I think.

IIRC, Bandai Namco probably has the video game rights for most of these franchises (definitely for the Sunrise shows) and probably has some form of investment/profit sharing deal with each company that owns the rights to whatever franchises they don't own outright. Also, because these games are Japan only, they don't have to worry about things like international music rights and copyright/trademark disputes (whatever the hell the Harmony Gold Macross thing falls under).

Bebpo

Banned
Also because it's a big money making franchise that all mecha animation making companies are aware of, they're generally all willing to get on board for a specific price and it's just a matter of money.

5 days left. It's releasing on a Thursday though so it will only have two days to get to my house. I may end up having to wait till next week to play.

If that happens I'll be counting on your impressions!

Also, if presented with a melee or ranged option at the beginning, what is everyone going to go with?

Also, if presented with a melee or ranged option at the beginning, what is everyone going to go with?

Melee :black101:

All the best robots are punchy robots. Solving problems with giant metal fists, and legs.

3AaNbkU.gif

t5l1Z.gif

m2wNZ5X.jpg

Bebpo

Banned
Yep. Supers >>>>>>> Reals.

And the best Reals are melee based like Exia Gundam. Beating stuff up has far more satisfying animations than just shooting a gun/beam/missiles and watching them fly into the enemy.

I just hope Z3's OG mech has decent melee animations. Z2's Brasta melee version was always awkward as it was clear that it was a ranged real robot in design. I want A BADASS SUPER ROBOT for the OG mech at some point during Z3-1 or Z3-2 like Rand's mech in Z1.

I'm probably going to choose melee for Genion. It just looks like a melee based mech while Brasta was more of a shooting one.

I kind of regret choosing Li-Brasta R. By the time I realized it though I was at stage 50-something.

Just going to finish and hope that if he's in Z3 that you can switch frames around.

Does someone when is amiami going to ask for payment? as far as i know the game is releasing on 10/ 4 yet they haven't asked for the payment yet so i'm kinda worried

I hope they give us the option to use Klan's Armored Pack. :p

Does someone when is amiami going to ask for payment? as far as i know the game is releasing on 10/ 4 yet they haven't asked for the payment yet so i'm kinda worried

Not sure how amiami works but Play-Asia has already deducted the funds for me and is listed as "Preparing Order".

I think some sites only take the cash when they actually ship the product so that may be the case here but I'm not sure.

isual

So the HD remake is digital download only? I thought it comes on disk

If it is digital, it means I have to download it via a JP pan account right ?

Shouta

It'll probably come as a download. Making a JP PSN account is pretty easy too if you want to redeem the code for the game.

So the HD remake is digital download only? I thought it comes on disk

If it is digital, it means I have to download it via a JP pan account right ?
Exactly. Which might be a pain in the ass on Vita if you aren't already using a JP account. No worries on PS3 though.

isual

That's fine. I have one which I created Yeats ago, so inputting the code shouldn't be difficult.

I did plan on using an old 250gb HDD to upgrade my 80gig, and that would have been a hassle to install it again

I'm probably going to stand strong on the PS3 version, but I'm SUPER tempted to go Vita for this. I may just hold out until Summer, I have plenty to play on my Vita as it is.

CNCOMICS

Watching Votoms put hair on my chest.

Man, I need to just knuckle down on these Japanese-learning books and software, that I own, I'm missing out on some nice gaming gems that I'd gladly part with my money for.

Man, I need to just knuckle down on these Japanese-learning books and software, that I own, I'm missing out on some nice gaming gems that I'd gladly part with my money for.

Well you don't really need to know japanese to play these games. I doubt a large portion of the american fanbase does.

Plenty of spoilers in those trophy lists probably.

Can already start guessing the number of stages.

Heh

オンリーワンクラッシュ
1度の戦闘で敵1機に5万以上のダメージを与える。

also a good one for SRW 1.

もえあがれ、ガンダム
ガンダムが精神コマンド『熱血』を使用する。

Nothing too spoilery TBH. They're pretty generic rather than story or character related.

I'm kind of annoyed that the "single digit HP" trophy is back though. I'm still missing one of them in OG 2nd.

Top Bottom