• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry113

Banned
5 million YouTube viewers? Jesus, I generally like Hilldawg but fuck she always throws in something to make her seem cool/relateable to millennials and it always is so transparent.

jlqEmdb.jpg

watershed

Banned
I think the moderators are putting it on Bernie a little more this time because of his recent rise in the polls. Consistency is good but he needs some variety to his answers. He just sounds like a recorded message when he pivots to his stump all the time.

User1608

Banned
Bernie's right about superspacs and money but he needs to fucking hammer and point out why this directly affects every other issue and not just saying what he's been saying on its own.

zbarron

This is what I don't understand.

Yeah, Bern has a huge issue with harping on the same thing every time, but money and corruption in politics literally supersedes every other problem because how are you going to fix anything with a broken system, and that's his entire point.

But yes, he needs to point out specifics in WHY and HOW, not just what's wrong.

He needs to keep his answers short and sound bites have never been his strong suit.

Hasn't a lot of the statistical research said that the impact of Citizen's United has been way overblown? Not that it's a good thing by any means, just that it's not the boogeyman it's made out to be.

Bernie needs to go beyond the revolution and millionaires and billionaires.

Plot it dude. Give us a clear idea of what your plan for a revolution is.

billeh

Considering that super PACs have completely failed in deciding the Republican election this cycle, this makes even less sense.
Probably because they have demographics working against them on a national level. SuperPACs absolutely influence local and congressional elections where republicans DOMINATE. Not to mention gerrymandering ..

This should be common knowledge, but democrats don't vote in midterms.

Loakum

Banned
So far I see the moderators arguing/debating Sanders every time he replies. I see Hillary giving vague answers, and won't get challenge by the moderators, and I see O'Malley completely shut down by the moderators. No wonder why the DNC schedule these debates on weekends before holidays.

Sanders is dodging some questions with a logical fallacy. He keeps talking about pharmacies and multibillion corporations even when it's not part of the topic.

HylianTom

Banned
Bernie needs to go beyond the revolution and millionaires and billionaires.

Plot it dude. Give us a clear idea of what your plan for a revolution is.

If there were a real revolution, we'd already see a major uptick in new voter registration in states that require such a thing ahead of time.

TheXbox

buh buh buh buh buh buh buh

this tuba beat is so hot

Geist-

So far I see the moderators arguing/debating Sanders every time he replies. I see Hillary giving vague answers, and won't get challenge by the moderators, and I see O'Malley completely shut down by the moderators. No wonder why the DNC schedule these debates on weekends before holidays.
I see it too, but I have a feeling people are just going to claim we're conspiracy theorists for seeing it.

Tesseract

Banned

debbie is totally in hillary's pocket, the whole thing is corrupt

vote bernie / warren

Ambient80

It's like when you win a Pokemon battle but need to get a drink and leave the game sitting on the table for a few minutes. The music just starts to tear into your soul....

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Hillary answered the police profiling black people question pretty point blankly. Bernie mentioned white collar crime while others are just smoking weed, and that we need to go after the big guys. he completely dodged the question.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Hasn't a lot of the statistical research said that the impact of Citizen's United has been way overblown? Not that it's a good thing by any means, just that it's not the boogeyman it's made out to be.

In this election? Due to the Trumps of the world? No. In an election with centrist...it's huge. Hec we don't even know if Trump is making it on the GOP side yet. It definitely played a role in 12'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom