• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 4th Democratic Primary Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're talking about hillary here, who is beholden to her supporters.

And if you look at opensecret, which people often cite, it's not the corporations, like Goldman Sachs, that are donating to her, it's the employees of those companies.

And considering she was a senator from New York, that's not too surprising.

Unless you're not advocating the pre-citizens united system, and instead one which relies entirely on public funding, then I'd agree with you, while still denying that it's the issue of our time, in a world where climate change is a real things that's happening.

He needs to keep his answers short and sound bites have never been his strong suit.

He also has a huge problem with ignoring the question and linking back to that, instead of creating a thread of WHY corruption/superPAC's/citizensunited/etc affect that aspect of the government, and what it would do to fix it.

He comes off much better in rally footage when he can talk freely, but his weakness in debates keep kicking him.

tumblr_inline_nrg8hsIJiR1raprkq_500.gif

music
looping

zoozilla

Hasn't a lot of the statistical research said that the impact of Citizen's United has been way overblown? Not that it's a good thing by any means, just that it's not the boogeyman it's made out to be.

Plus, doesn't Bernie's success contradict the very thing he's talking about?

He needs to give more specific details on the way special interest groups are influencing politics. Talk about the NRA or banks writing laws or the food industry changing food safety laws.

Bernie needs to go beyond the revolution and millionaires and billionaires.

Plot it dude. Give us a clear idea of what your plan for a revolution is.

He has in part, every point he raises telegraphs such---actually getting into it would require an appropriate question to actually be asked of him and far more response time than anybody would get at this rate.

This is what I don't understand.

Yeah, Bern has a huge issue with harping on the same thing every time, but money and corruption in politics literally supersedes every other problem because how are you going to fix anything with a broken system, and that's his entire point.

But yes, he needs to point out specifics in WHY and HOW, not just what's wrong.

I agree, I guess it's hard with the time given but hopefully thats where this goes.

royalan

This is what I don't understand.

Yeah, Bern has a huge issue with harping on the same thing every time, but money and corruption in politics literally supersedes every other problem because how are you going to fix anything with a broken system, and that's his entire point.

But yes, he needs to point out specifics in WHY and HOW, not just what's wrong.

Black people were still being roughed up, killed and framed by police during the Clinton Administration, the last time our country saw real economic surplus.

Women and gays were still being discriminated against during the Clinton Administration, the last time our country saw real economic surplus.

College was still too damn expensive during the Clinton Administration, the last time our country saw real economic surplus.

etc...

Yes, economic inequality is a huge issue, but if Sanders thinks he can retreat to that in response to other, major social issues, then I just don't know what to say other than I don't believe his commitment to those issues.

Really? A billionaire is their candidate and you think that money in politics is not an issue.

What system are you advocating where a person couldn't spend their own money on their campaign?

Plus, Trump hasn't even spent much until recently to combat Cruz in Iowa.

Plus, if you think Trump is winning over the Republican party because of his money, and not his rhetoric, then I really don't have anything to say.

FiggyCal

Banned
Black people were still being roughed up, killed and framed by police during the Clinton Administration, the last time our country saw real economic surplus.

Women and gays were still being discriminated against during the Clinton Administration, the last time our country saw real economic surplus.

College was still too damn expensive during the Clinton Administration, the last time our country saw real economic surplus.

etc...

Yes, economic inequality is a huge issue, but if Sanders thinks he can retreat to that in response to other, major social issues, then I just don't know what to say other than I don't believe his commitment to those issues.

The economy having a surplus has nothing to do with financial inequality. Or rather they are different issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom