• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.
daft punk for aoty? that would be cool even though their album was boring.

anyways they might go for macklemore for aoty (nooooooo) and kendrick for rap aoty.

I'm just assuming the middle aged people who vote for this stuff will like Daft Punk's album due to it's 70s vibe.

The Grammys are little more than awards for sales. Nearly every major nomination went to a song or album that sold well or received major airplay. They throw in a curve ball every now and then (like Arcade Fire) but overall this might as well be an RIAA/Soundscan awards show.

Next year Beyonce and Eminem will receive a billion nominations.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Am I going to be able to watch the show from the UK?

I'm not sure if it's being televised live anywhere. Last year I had to trawl through dodgy sites to find a decent stream.
The Metro has an article saying you can watch the thing live on the Grammy website, but other years it's just been the behind the scenes, unless I'm getting my award shows mixed up.
It's being shown on tv on 4music tomorrow at 9pm

Also, the Pre Telecast has just begun. You can watch it at http://www.grammy.com/live

I'm not sure if it's being televised live anywhere. Last year I had to trawl through dodgy sites to find a decent stream.
The Metro has an article saying you can watch the thing live on the Grammy website, but other years it's just been the behind the scenes, unless I'm getting my award shows mixed up.
It's being shown on tv on 4music tomorrow at 9pm

Also, the Pre Telecast has just begun. You can watch it at http://www.grammy.com/live

Thanks bro

Hopefully they realise that the factual AOTY was good kid, m.A.A.d city

40db5bda869c11e39ea71230a3416982_8.jpg

Daft Punk doing sound check.
pretty sure those won't be the helmets they'll be using for the televised set but it does give credit to that rumor.

Either way I'm hyped for a new live set/mix!

Jitters

Daft Punk, James Blake, Macklemore, Lorde. All this show does is pander to hipsters. Thats why Prism isn't up for anything.

ibcGjxZgs2BfiT.gif

Fey

Banned
Daft Punk, James Blake, Macklemore, Lorde. All this show does is pander to hipsters. Thats why Prism isn't up for anything.

ibcGjxZgs2BfiT.gif

Prism wasn't eligible this year.

It will most likely be nominated for stuff next year, especially if Katy performs at the nominations concert again.

Volimar

Really hoping Sara Bareilles pulls out a win. I doubt it, but one can dream. Some nice performances tonight. Will watch.

Sai-kun

Banned

ibcGjxZgs2BfiT.gif

lol yeah dude. hipsters HATE dance/pop music. That's why Daft Punk and Macklemore are up for awards

spoilers: prism isn't up for anything because even daft punk's failure of an album absolutely crushes it quality-wise

lol yeah dude. hipsters HATE dance/pop music. That's why Daft Punk and Macklemore are up for awards

prism isn't up for anything because even daft punk's failure of an album absolutely crushes it quality-wise

RAM was one of the worst albums I listened to last year. What a let down. Good thing I had other groups TRYING it and giving me quality dance music, like Disclosure.

jbug617

Banned
The Grammys website does not list Beyonce and Jay-Z (screw you Shawn, I'm keeping the hyphen in there) performing. I know they're heavily rumored to, but I find it odd that they'd be left out of the Grammys site.

The rumor is that they are opening the Grammys. On the commercial for the event they are teasing the surprise act for the opening.

Kad5

It's such a shame that Macklemore will most likely end up beating out Kendrick even though Kendrick has the better album.

knicks

It is surreal what the Grammy nominations have consisted of these past several years. It would be very interesting to see a side by side comparison of the 1997 Grammy nominations or even 2002 compared to what they have today. I could have sworn there was a time not to long ago where the Grammy's were black tie affairs, to where as today it is pretty much do what ever the fuck you want.

Kendrick Lamar's album is 1 of 5 albums for best of the year?
KuGsj.gif

And if he is the only rapper with his album for album of the year, than obviously he wins rap album of the year? It wouldn't make sense otherwise, right? Same with Taylor Swift. She is nominated for country album of the year, and than overall album of the year. Simple logic would say they automatically win.

Props on the Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr performance though.

Talon

Mau ®;98532608 said:
ICON Rihanna is sitting in the front row with the writer of her SMASH HIT "Stay". Make sure to stay perched for them taking the grammy for best Pop Duo as well as the gif material she'll provide throughout the night.
It'll be impossible to miss her forehead, so no worries.

Swhalen

Yeezus is going to win. Nothing touches that masterpiece.
/s

Am I the only one that dislikes Lorde?

Edit: hoping GKMC and Red win.
She writes pretty good songs and she's only like 17, that's pretty impressive. However I like almost every cover of Royals I've heard more than her version honestly.

RoKKeR

Hoping Daft Punk or TSwift wins AoTY but it's all gravy if not, definitely looking forward to Daft Punk's performance.

IceCold

RAM was one of the worst albums I listened to last year. What a let down. Good thing I had other groups TRYING it and giving me quality dance music, like Disclosure.

Well they never said they were making a dance album.

They deserve to win for Giorgio by Moroder alone.

Well they never said they were making a dance album.

They deserve to win for Giorgio by Moroder alone.

Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that I felt it was a pretty boring album. There are better albums out there from 2013. RAM is overrated and the work they did on Yeezus far outshined anything on RAM in quality, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom