• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOCrLX3.gif

CrankyJay

Banned
I didn't see him on the stage when they received AOTY. Obviously Stevie is a legend. Any person that manages to get him, Nile Rodgers, and Omar Hakim on the same stage jamming deserves whatever accolades they are nominated for. These new cats can learn a thing or two from these guys.

Thought you meant that shameful performance. Lol. Still, probably the best album of the year out of that bunch. Haven't heart Kendrick "Bill Bellamy" Lamar's album tho.

Sai-kun

Banned
Daft Punk is sorry excuse for music, Beeps and boops. Corrny ass dance music. Very one dimensional. Everything is dance music, That's why I don't bother with that shit. There are many emotions in life that their music can't express.

sending this to neogafs worsts posts

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wSplelY.png

not even one award for this guy right here, one of the best rap albums of the last five years, i hope he now feels like kanye (the rap god), this show is terrible

good night gaf
I'd be happy if he never showed up to this shit again. Macklemore over him is a disgrace.

IceCold

Daft Punk deserves more grammys than anybody in that room, still, the fact that Discovery didnt even won one only shows how the Grammys are more about hype and chart success than rewarding quality.

Obviously. Homework should have also won something. It put French House on the map.

Dany

Banned
Daft Punk is sorry excuse for music, Beeps and boops. Corrny ass dance music. Very one dimensional. Everything is dance music, That's why I don't bother with that shit. There are many emotions in life that their music can't express.

...you're fucking with me right? lol

XAL

You obviously didn't listen to any of RAM, almost entirely instrumental and much closer to a funk record than an EDM album.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Daft Punk deserves more grammys than anybody in that room, still, the fact that Discovery didnt even won one only shows how the Grammys are more about hype and chart success than rewarding quality.

Discovery was fun to listen to, but it's their most sample-filled album, and everything that sounds great about it was straight up samples.

Homework was them doing their "homework" to be able to get into a new genre. Discovery was them discovering disco music and sampling it. They followed up with "Human After All", an album with maybe one sample only, which was about them being themselves, making their own music (hence the title). Random Access Memory is them trying to mix Discover and Human After All, where instead of sampling they collaborated with past/current talents and doing their own part.

So while Discovery is the most pleasant to listen to IMO, it's their least impressive work.

botty

Banned

Did you get your life to Stevie Wonder shaking his damn head for the umpteenth time with those annoying vocals? Let's not pretend like these acts need to be ephemeral in order to be considered "music."

Judderman

drawer by drawer

So you haven't listened to RAM yet (Or any of their music, actually). Gotcha.

IceCold

Discovery was fun to listen to, but it's their most sample-filled album, and everything that sounds great about it was straight up samples.

Homework was them doing their "homework" to be able to get into a new genre. Discovery was them discovering disco music and sampling it. They followed up with "Human After All", an album with maybe one sample only, which was about them being themselves, making their own music (hence the title). Random Access Memory is them trying to mix Discover and Human After All, where instead of sampling they collaborated with past/current talents and doing their own part.

So while Discovery is the most pleasant to listen to IMO, it's their least impressive work.

Homework is filled with funk samples too btw. Homework was them learning from their idols, hence the song Teachers. Discovery = Very disco.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I'll forgive you because you're obviously salty.

But don't do it again.

Ahahahhahaha... Super happy the French duo won all they did. RAM was awesome.

RAM had a host of problems but "beeps and boops" weren't one of them.

The way you experience life makes me sad.

DominoKid

Record of the Year

Best pop duo/group performance

Best dance/electronica album

Best engineered album,Non classical

Album of the Year

thumbs_up_okay_daft_punk.gif

Deal with it.

Motherfuckers had Giorgio Moroder, Paul Williams, Nile Rodgers, DJ Falcon, Pharrell, Todd Edwards on the same stage. Legendary.

yep. im surprised they came up w/ an outcome i could rock w/.

i expected to be disgusted by the end of the night.

RAM is no Discovery but it's still one of the best albums of the year.

DiscoJer

Record of the Year

Album of the Year

Deal with it.

Motherfuckers had Giorgio Moroder, Paul Williams, Nile Rodgers, DJ Falcon, Pharrell, Todd Edwards on the same stage. Legendary.

They should have had Space* as well, since they basically stole their shtick

magic-fly-by-space-video.jpg

* They sold like 12 million records in their career, so not exactly nobodies.

Prompto

Banned
Record of the Year

Album of the Year

Deal with it.

Well at least something good came out of this.

this post is almost as bad as RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom