• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 56th Annual Grammy Awards |OT| Sunday, the LORDe's day

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkitty

I couldn't watch the show but Mackerel beat Drake, Kanye, and Kendrick for best rap album?

lol god

At least Daft Punk got AOTY, so that's cool.

are you at least [ m e d i t e r r a n e a n ]

tumblr_mzgn60pjtX1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

lol not really, I think you are confused sis.

Daft Punk didn't deserve AOTY. If not for Pharrell they would have been completely ignored. It's depressing that the voting committee uses commercial success as a prerequisite for giving out awards.

Gorillaz

Speaking of Ye idk why people were getting their hopes up for Kendrick when Dark Twisted got shunned as well. That was kind of the "end" of grammy's and rap for alot of people

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
so what happened with the star wars helmets that daft punk were supposed to wear? the official star wars twitter deleted their tweet about it. i guess they said f it?

40db5bda869c11e39ea71230a3416982_8.jpg

What is going on here? Is this her not winning in her category?
album of the year went to random access memories instead of her album "Red" they were fooled

robotrock

Banned
How could such an underground sensation get love on this thing, isn't this the most mainstream awards ceremony? I could see them getting a Mercury Prize, though. Didn't listen to their latest album, though.

They definitely couldn't. Their new album is worth listening to if you like their stuff

Ridley327

So is Nick back in the band yet, or is their low end still missing that extra bit of je ne sais quoi? I remember hearing he did some backing vocals for ...Like Clockwork, but that was well before the album dropped.

He's not in the band yet, but he and Josh are closer now than they have been in years, and not only did he do backing vocals on the album, but I think Nick even recorded his latest album at Josh's studio.

BTM

Awesome that Daft Punk won. Legends. Was hoping either Sara or Daft Punk would win AOTY. Both albums were pretty fantastic.

XAL

So is Nick back in the band yet, or is their low end still missing that extra bit of je ne sais quoi? I remember hearing he did some backing vocals for ...Like Clockwork, but that was well before the album dropped.

Nope. He might do some backing vocals or a light collaboration on a future desert sessions but I don't think he ever will be back in the band. They're getting closer, but he did too much awful shit to be in qotsa especially now that josh has kids.

After tons of shit behavior and fucking everyone over for so many years the last straw was when Nick hit his then girlfriend in the face with a bottle or something and just demolished her face. I heard through the gravevine Mark Lanegan was there and beat the shit out of him before turning him over to the cops.

Since then he's been a fucking trainwreck getting kicked out of multiple bands, one time off of tour bus in the middle of the goddamn autobahn because his bandmates had enough.

They got John Theodore, which is a fucking killer addition - they just need some more Lanegan and maybe a bit of Brody Dalle on their next album and they'll be all good.

so what happened with the star wars helmets that daft punk were supposed to wear? the official star wars twitter deleted their tweet about it. i guess they said f it?

album of the year went to random access memories instead of her album "Red" they were fooled

Probably so the helmet design didn't leak.

Robot Pants

Nope. He might do some backing vocals or a light collaboration on a future desert sessions but I don't think he ever will be back in the band.

After tons of shit behavior and fucking everyone over for so many years the last straw was when Nick hit his then girlfriend in the face with a bottle or something and just demolished her face. I heard through the gravevine Mark Lanegan was there and beat the shit out of him before turning him over to the cops.

Since then he's been a fucking trainwreck getting kicked out of multiple bands, one time off of tour bus in the middle of the goddamn autobahn because his bandmates had enough.

They got John Theodore, which is a fucking killer addition - they just need some more Lanegan and maybe a bit of Brody Dalle on their next album and they'll be all good.
Wait WHAT?!
They have Theodore now? When did this happen? Holy fucking shit.

I remember their really old drummer (ex- Danzig dummer) scared the shit out of me. Dude was a monster.

could someone please get me a gif of jon theodore looking miserable playing the maracas because he was forced off the drum kit by dave grohl?

Just saw Metallica performance...

Asiangirlshoutingstop.gif

But whatever, they made four of the best albums I've heard and they lost their touch a while ago. Still, pretty rough.

gabbo

Nope. He might do some backing vocals or a light collaboration on a future desert sessions but I don't think he ever will be back in the band. They're getting closer, but he did too much awful shit to be in qotsa especially now that josh has kids.

I knew about all that, but I still dared to dream that one day his crazy ass will return, as he and Josh had recently started reconciling on some level. *listens to ...Millionaire*

IceCold

I didn't say otherwise, and it was extremely subdued compared to Discovery.

ya but I disagree with your post. I mean, the only song imo that was very lazily sample to me was Robot Rock, but that was on Human After All. Even the more obvious samples like for Harder, Better, Strong, Faster although almost directly sampled, were still reworked. I don't see that album as any more or less impressive as Homework for example since I'm aware it takes a great ear to sample beats. A lot of the sample from the video you posted proves that, such as, One More Time, Superheroes, Aerodynamic, etc.

That was just for the rehearsal. They simply painted themselves white, like the storm troopers, which I think was a good choice for the performance. But Maybe they'll make an appearance in Star Wars? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom