• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

the-last-of-us1.jpg

You know Trump, we really are the last of US.

Honestly, the climate stuff isn't all that concerning. There's too much industry momentum behind things like solar panels, fuel efficient cars, ng, LED lighting, and renewable energy in general. Giant companies can't just change their plans on a dime because a new administration took office. Yeah, maybe the pace will slow a bit but the momentum won't stop completely.

A lot of those things were spurred on by government support and incentives.

kmag

I think Trump's gonna get plenty of advice from Obama and lean on him fairly heavily for the first year or two...which is a great thing imo. Both Obama and Jared Kushner in his ear make me feel really confident about the next 4 years. Kushner is huge. He's an extremely smart, reasonable, educated fellow and he's one of Trump's top advisors.

Kushner is a moron who's rich parents had to bankroll to get into University. $2.5 million donation was required to get him through the door, and it was probably enough to get him the degree as well.

The fact you think he's smart makes you a mark.

Tigress

Nah, good luck america, you're not the center of the world.

And i speak as someone from a country who will actually be directly affected by this, still, cut that out, he's mostly your problem and you're not as important to the rest of us as you think.

Good. Right now I really hope we aren't that important to the rest of the world cause that would be really bad. Still sucks for us stuck here with the assholes running the show here now.

You're not fooling anyone, you know.
What are you implying?
Well you may be one of the few Trump supporters that actually think Obama is worth anything, so I guess there is that.
I voted for him Twice. He was a great President... a few missteps including aspects of the ACA but that's not entirely his fault as he couldn't every provision he wanted in there due to republicans blocking.
Do you have example of Kushner being extremely smart and reasonable? Aside from him being Ivankas husband and Trumps advisor I know nothing about him
He had a really nice interview with Forbes a few months ago. Kushner isn't fond of the spotlight...that's why he doesn't do the TV rounds.
He went to Harvard and is a billionaire. He married Ivanka who I consider to be another very reasonable and centrist voice in Trump's ear.

I think Trump's gonna get plenty of advice from Obama and lean on him fairly heavily for the first year or two...which is a great thing imo. Both Obama and Jared Kushner in his ear make me feel really confident about the next 4 years. Kushner is huge. He's an extremely smart, reasonable, educated fellow and he's one of Trump's top advisors.

Trump hates Obama and has surround himself with people who hate Obama. Get real.

RDreamer

He had a really nice interview with Forbes a few months ago. Kushner isn't fond of the spotlight...that's why he doesn't do the TV rounds.
He went to Harvard and is a billionaire. He married Ivanka who I consider to be another very reasonable and centrist voice in Trump's ear.

So where were those reasonable and centrist voices when Trump picked Rick Perry, Betsy DeVos, Ben Carson, Steve Bannon, etc?

fantomena

You wrote Carson was intelligent...

He's just got this engaging way of speaking...even if he's only reading off the teleprompter. Of course he does tho.. pretty much any very successful businessman and entrepreneur are gonna be engaging when they speak due to having skills as salesmen, negotiators, and deal makers. This really helped him win the election. Compare to someone like Ben Carson, who is ofc an intelligent fellow (brain surgeon!) but his cadence and speaking style is just not conducive to an audience.

Hari Seldon

Government incentive to explore these technologies can be stifled though.

Eh there are enough countries subsidizing solar and the price is dropping so fast that very soon US companies will be able to buy the tech from China or Europe and create plants that are far cheaper to run and maintain than traditional plants. Clean energy is a tech problem and the tech is finally to the point where economics will take over.

Surfinn

He's just got this engaging way of speaking...even if he's only reading off the teleprompter. Of course he does tho.. pretty much any very successful businessman and entrepreneur are gonna be engaging when they speak due to having skills as salesmen, negotiators, and deal makers. This really helped him win the election. Compare to someone like Ben Carson, who is ofc an intelligent fellow (brain surgeon!) but his cadence and speaking style is just not conducive to an audience.

There are different types of intelligences.. and if you look at what he's said/done in politics, you'd know he's a fucking moron as a politician.

Kushner is a moron who's rich parents had to bankroll to get into University. $2.5 million donation was required to get him through the door, and it was probably enough to get him the degree as well.

The fact you think he's smart makes you a mark.
Doesn't matter how he got in to Harvard... he graduated cum laude. Or was that paid for too? His professors must've been paid off.

He also got an MBA from NYU.

Debirudog

Trump is going to destroy all the good in Obama's legacy just because he can. He hired prostitutes to pee on the bed that the former president slept.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Ya right. Obama is the last person I expect him to take advice from. He is that arrogant piece of shit.

studyguy

News is going to come fast as fuck now since the faster they do things, the less time we have to react. Trump's new FCC chair is a guy who is incredibly vocal against net neutrality.

Pai and fellow GOP Commissioner Mike O’Rielly, for example, said last month that they will “seek to revisit” the net neutrality rules “as soon as possible,” and Pai said in a December speech he believes 2017 is the best opportunity in the last decade to advance conservative principles. In September, he outlined a “Digital Empowerment Agenda” — a four-point plan he says will help spur investment in internet networks and close the digital divide between rich and poor. The approach seeks to expand access to mobile broadband and reduce regulatory barriers to broadband deployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom