• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

SURGEdude

I want to give Trump supporters here on GAF the benefit of the doubt, I really do. But when they appear out of no where and say the dumbest hyperbolic shit ever about how great Trump is it just makes them look either mentally impaired or completely brainwashed.

Meh I have no quarter for those fucks. If you supported Trump you are an asshole or an idiot or some combination of the two.

I want to give Trump supporters here on GAF the benefit of the doubt, I really do. But when they appear out of no where and say the dumbest hyperbolic shit ever about how great Trump is it just makes them look either mentally impaired or completely brainwashed.

For one, don't give Trump supporters the benefit of the doubt, on GAF or anywhere. They voted for an incompetent bigot, they don't deserve it.

Secondly, those posts you are seeing are from cowards using alt accounts to troll. Best to ignore them.

GreyWind

They should have changed the nav bar to red :p

6rQPYVl.png

MUnited83

For you.

Don't worry, they are both.

PillarEN

Any particular highlights from the speech? Haven't watched it
America First was used several times. Saying he's giving power to the people and away from the empty words of the government. He's going to exterminate radical islamists and ISIS.

It was Trump like he was during his campaign but a little bit less wild.

In the end, they're still politicians (most of them) and intelligent people, save for Rick Perry...lol
But knowing the rules of the game is gonna help, regardless if the person knows nothing about nuclear energy like Perry.

Did you see the Betsy DeVOS senate hearing?

She's a fucking moron, you and I would be better fit to run Education.

Its cronyism at its finest.

Isn't this just because it's an entirely new administration coming in?

All of the issue pages outline Trump's plans - so I'd presume it'd be Obama's if it were left up.

No shit, the point is that climate change is a legitimate major issue with far-ranging issues that probably should be addressed.

Caja 117

Question how come this is the 58th presidential inauguration and he only is the 45th president? thats because the numbered president doesn't take into account two term presidents?

SilentRob

Doesn't Putin acknowledges Climate Change is real? Why can't he convince Comrade Trump climate change is real? :(

I think you'll have to get used to the US being the most backwards first world nation in the world. The times of pointing to Russia and China laughing are over.

Lemaitre

Banned
These posts are bit detached from reality. It is going to harm you too. Feel a bit sorry for yourself too.

Pretty much.

Global ramifications because we live in a (contrary to what Trump says) globalized society.

When we lose, everyone is worse off too.

Ominym

Banned
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/al...ave-been-deleted-from-the-white-house-website
All References to Climate Change Have Been Deleted From the White House Website

Welp

One of the best speeches i have ever seen... i got the chills when he said we all bleed the same. Amazing way to start the best 4 years of US history

Any comments on this Starchasing? I'd love to hear about how this incorporates into the "best 4 years of US history".

rjinaz

But his post was ridiculing that person's request, not the whole forum's... sooo...

Reading comprehension. He didn't say NeoGAF was an echo chamber, he made fun of the other guy's request to create an echo chamber.

Alright I'll take your word on it. My reading comprehension failed. This thread is moving fast and I was also responding to others things he was saying in others posts.

ReAxion

In the end, they're still politicians (most of them) and intelligent people, save for Rick Perry...lol
But knowing the rules of the game is gonna help, regardless if the person knows nothing about nuclear energy like Perry.

DeVos doesnt know the basic metrics of education.
Mnuchin lied about his assets.
Tillerson has a vested interest in continuing fossil fuel use.
Bannon's stated mission is to destroy the federal government.
It does go on, and I didn't need to mention Rick Perry.

One of these is controversy. This is a disaster.

I think Trump's gonna get plenty of advice from Obama and lean on him fairly heavily for the first year or two...which is a great thing imo. Both Obama and Jared Kushner in his ear make me feel really confident about the next 4 years. Kushner is huge. He's an extremely smart, reasonable, educated fellow and he's one of Trump's top advisors.

Seventy70

I think Trump's gonna get plenty of advice from Obama and lean on him fairly heavily for the first year or two...which is a great thing imo. Both Obama and Jared Kushner in his ear make me feel really confident about the next 4 years. Kushner is huge. He's an extremely smart, reasonable, educated fellow and he's one of Trump's top advisors.

...lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
Question how come this is the 58th presidential inauguration and he only is the 45th president? thats because the numbered president doesn't take into account two term presidents?

Huh? He is the 45th President. Obama was not the 43rd and 44th, just 44th.

Oh, saw your edit. It sad 5th and 8th before and it threw me off. And the answer is yes.

Why are all the Washington "Elite" carrying on like nothings changed? Of to the ball ho hum. King Trump you lord and savior just told the country it was all their fault and he would get rid of them all. Did Orange Jesus lie to the people?

HotHamBoy

You're not fooling anyone, you know.

rjinaz

Well you may be one of the few Trump supporters that actually think Obama is worth anything, so I guess there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom