• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
This was Obama's starting point...

1/20/2009:
Unemployment rate: 7.8% (and trending up)
GDP: 8.2% decrease (4th quarter of 2008)
Dow: 7,949.09
S&P500: 805.22
NASDAQ: 1,440.86
Jobs No: 661,000 net jobs lost (December 2008 jobs number).

This is Trump's starting point.... (And the results of Obama's leadership)

1/20/2017:
Unemployment rate: 4.7% (and trending down/steady)
GDP: 3.5% increase (4th quarter of 2016)
Dow: 19,732.40
S&P500: 2,263.69
NASDAQ: 5,540.08
Jobs No: 156,000 net jobs added (December 2016 jobs number).

If Trump wants to be just as successful as Obama, he will need the following by 2025.

Unemployment rate: 2.9%
GDP: 10.0% increase.
Dow: 49,398.00 to match Obama's 150.33% increase
S&P500: 6,379.00 to match Obama's 181.79% increase
NASDAQ: 23,966.00 to match Obama's 332.58% increase
Jobs No: 600,000 net jobs added.

But, he ran on that whole Make America Great Again crap, so he will need to do vastly better than Obama and all of his "failed policies".
Come on.

Using the late 2008 early 2009 numbers is stupid.

It was stupid when they tried to use them against Obama by saying 'Gas prices were 1 dollar per gallon when Obama took office' too.

Ekai

Mike Pence joining the ticket was the end of any question about those fears. Before that it was a sort of frigid indifference. After that, it was beyond clear where the administration would go.

Anybody unwilling to see that is being willfully ignorant. The man's record speaks for itself.

I know. That poster just denies the reality of what they willingly voted for.

Iksenpets

Banned
Doesn't matter how he got in to Harvard... he graduated cum laude. Or was that paid for too? His professors must've been paid off.

He also got an MBA from NYU.

Have you never heard of grade inflation? Once you're accepted to an elite school, it's near impossible to get a bad grade.

RinsFury

Just saw my dad rewatching Trump being sworm in and cheering out loud. I'm so fucking sick and depressed right now, I wouldn't be living here if I wasn't broke. Fucking asshole.

cyress8

Banned
Look like you added some letters to your name.
Did he just fucking say that while Trump is signing?

Guess Trump scribbles his name while signing

rjinaz

It is sad that we are going to see so little diversity the next 4 years. It really feels like moving backwards. So many White faces everywhere. I'm White and still see it.

DeviantBoi

Looks like Anonymous is gonna make Trump regret the next 4 years:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/anonymous-trump-regret_us_58818bf3e4b096b4a230ff08

.@realDonaldTrump you have financial and personal ties with Russian mobsters, child traffickers, and money launderers.

This isn't the 80's any longer, information doesn't vanish, it is all out there. You are going to regret the next 4 years. @realDonaldTrump

We could care less about Democrats attacking you @realDonaldTrump, the fact of the matter is, you are implicated in some really heavy shit.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump signs legislation allowing retired Gen. James Mattis to serve as Defense Secretary.

I am okay with this.

SilentRob

Yo, he's literally Satan, yo. Hitler, too!

You don't read GAF enough.

If you actually, honestly, earnestly listen to Hitler's speeches during his rise to power, when he was democratically elected, like I had to during school many, many times and have continued to do ever since then to remind myself what the start of facism looks like, you will see how absolutely disturbingly similiar his speeches and this inauguration speech was. The invoking of the blood of patriots. The incredible nationalism.

It's fucking frightening watching this from Europe. Just a few days ago a leading politician from right-wing AFD held a speech that was absolutely destroyed and shredded by german media and politicians because it reminded everyone so much of how the Nazis talked. The man got rightfully eviscerated on the public stage. This inauguration speech was worse than that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
LOL BBC NEWS found a Russian guy who attended.
wc5v3WE.png

Sad fucking day.

All that God shit in the speech was scary too, immediately followed three speakers with God talk, one saying that it rained when Trump stepped to the podium because in the bible, something something rain is from God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom