• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
adam_lambert_laugh3-1327679672.gif

Ithil

How the hell do you people not enjoy that... I swear gaf at times... smh

Thought Les Mis was great, really enjoyed the songs (and the singing), but a mash-up of all those famous songs with a clusterfuck of voices on stage? Bad idea.

The people going on like Les Mis was "full of bad singing" probably didn't actually see it.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Jennifer don't have a career? ok

where is her career at? Singing covers on awards shows?

She's not been on tour, released a platinum album, or a single that was even moderately successful. And her movie career started and ended with that Oscar aside from bit roles in other movies.

I guess if being the poster child for weight loss, she's super successful.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Did the Academy Awards script get mixed up with the Zee Cine Awards of Bollywood?

Waiting for SRK appearance to make it complete

This is the problem with the Oscars.
I don't think Seth would have wanted all this singing bullshit. Not without him in it being comedic for sure.

They don't let the host decide what goes in the show. Then the host takes all the blame for the crap the producers decide to put in.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Don't call me cynical or some bullshit. If you like russel Crowe singing you have no taste and SMH @ that

Wilbur

Banned
Why does Crowe bellow like a silverback whose little baby chimp is tearing at its saggy lubricated nipples so hard they chafe

pringles

Jennifer Hudson made my ears bleed, just a lot of off-key screaming. But the Les Mis part was okay.

Seems gaf thinks the opposite. Go figure.

BowieZ

Banned
So. Is there ANY way John Williams will win Best Score? Or is the foreign mix of Life of Pi/Anna Karenina too much for him to overcome?

injurai

Banned
Thought Les Mis was great, really enjoyed the songs (and the singing), but a mash-up of all those famous songs with a clusterfuck of voices on stage? Bad idea.

The people going on like Les Mis was "full of bad singing" probably didn't actually see it.

Maybe it's the music I listen to but the more clusterfuckery the better, my ears can pick out every part.

Musicals are about the lamest shit I can think of in the big entertainment areas (TV, movies). The bad singing quality doesn't help things either.

so your pessimism transcends gaming-size...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom