• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
She's sweet, but it seems like she tries too hard.

Good for her, though. I couldn't sit through that fucking bad singing-fest but every time I see her, I am absolutely mesmerized by her performance in that movie. Seems like it was a thoroughly well-deserved win.

Meanwhile at Rhythm & Hues VFX....

ty5KmB9.png

injurai

Banned
She's sweet, but it seems like she tries too hard.

Good for her, though. I couldn't sit through that fucking bad sining-fest but every time I see her, I am absolutely mesmerized by her performance. Seems like it was a thoroughly well-deserved win.

try hard shaming is trying too hard...

for shame

ckohler

Probably yeah, they will get chewed out by that person, if they're a family member, etc.

If true, then that's pretty selfish. They didn't win the award. Winners should be able to go up on stage and say whatever they want. If someone REALLY deserves thanks then they should be mature enough to not require proof.

PBY

Banned
If true, then that's pretty selfish. They didn't win the award. Winners should be able to go up on stage and say whatever they want. If someone REALLY deserves thanks then they should be mature enough to not require proof.

People are petty man.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah it was a bit saccharine, made me feel a little uncomfortable, but who knows. Either way I think they're doing a good job of keeping it fairly interesting, they just need to cool it with all the musical pieces, especially ones from years ago (looking at you chicago).

ari

Banned
where is her career at? Singing covers on awards shows?

She's not been on tour, released a platinum album, or a single that was even moderately successful. And her movie career started and ended with that Oscar aside from bit roles in other movies.

I guess if being the poster child for weight loss, she's super successful.

She was working on an album and was filming 3 movies until her mother,nephew and brother was murdered. Jennifer hudson music career haven't taken off but she is still relevant in movies and music. Think like a man's single is very popular and her career is only going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom