• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 85th Academy Awards |OT| I like the way you snub, boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Quvenzhané Wallis for the upset

Emmanuelle Riva would be great. I hope one of the two age extremes wins.

No Chastain plz. I love her as an actress but that performance didn't do a whole lot for me.

Qvoth

Still not watching Life of Pi. I love the book so much to have it ruined by watching a movie.

i haven't read the book, but absolutely loved the movie
i said holy shit a few times during the show just because of how beautiful some scenes are
WATCH DAT SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Definitely deserved it out of the nominees. Absolutely was in control of a fucking hard novel to film. Visually and aurally, at the writing stages, the cast, just fucking great. The control he had in the sinking ship sequence alone - so fucking kinetic and frantic, but he has everything under control at all times.

Great movie, fucking massively deserved.

Thanks for describing what i couldn't put in words.

Given the complex structure of the novel, you could argue Life of Pi got robbed in the adapted screenplay category. Ang Lee winning kind of makes up for it. Besides, he's not undeserving.

Nobility

Banned
Looks like...

Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence
Best Picture: Argo (I still don't think it should win BP)

Prove me wrong Academy.

yami4ct

Even if Argo ends up with Best Picture, glad Ang Lee won director. Out of the nominees this year, he's the one I wanted to see win the most. I honestly didn't think he was a very likely win. Such a cool guy.

Just don't give the award to Jennifer Lawrence, aka the lesser Mystique.

jennifer-lawrence.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom