• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man they're really trying to make up for the "whitewashed" accusations aren't they?

I mean, I agree. But it felt like they were trying to cram it in to every spot other than the nominations to make up for their mistake.

Anyone calling Spotlight an upset were not following odds and predictions. It was always a three way race between The Revenant, Spotlight, and The Big Short.

Well deserved for Spotlight though of the 5 nominees I had seen it was the best one imo.

BkMogul

Spotlight was a competent and well-made film. Tackled some controversy (although 12 Years a Slave did win as well) but I'm not surprised it beat out a favorite.

By the way other award programs were going I would've had Spotlight as #3 contender behind The Revenant (#1) and The Big Short (#2). Good film but somewhere in the middle of the films nominated.

And old meme dies, a new one begins:

RapkMzd.jpg

IT IS BORN

Timbuktu

So the collective parts of a movie mean nothing?

Best director, best actor
And all the awards for mad max

...does not compute

Screenplay is a big part . And Spotlight had great acting, just an ensemble performance and there really should be an award for that.

nib95

Banned
I actually really enjoyed this Oscars. Great entertainment, risky content, overall decent winners, and even some nice surprises. And yes, finally Leo!

Snaku

Banned
Another Best Picture winner nobody will remember in a year, and will be featured in articles about forgotten winners in a few years. Max will live forever on the fury road, and nobody will forget that journey. Miller got robbed. Maybe they should have made a bigger deal about how hard it was to shoot in the heat of Africa.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
People who hate mad max should have wanted it to win because now we will always talk about how mad max should have won, and it should have.

Syf

Banned
Really good show overall, wish Miller had won for directing but that's my only disappointment really.

Well aside from the death of a perfectly good category of memes thanks to Leo.

Man they're really trying to make up for the "whitewashed" accusations aren't they?

I mean, I agree. But it felt like they were trying to cram it in to every spot other than the nominations to make up for their mistake.

Well everyone here seems to be eating it up so their efforts weren't wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom