• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

B33

Banned
No. People call Iñárritu (as in, Iñárritu the person) pretentious. Probably because they heard him say things like his film deserves to be watched in a temple.
"Life and death are illusions. We are in a constant state of transformation."

"Too much knowledge and analysis can be paralysis."

"You have to eat poison or shit in order to taste good things."

– Alejandro González Iñárritu

"Life and death are illusions. We are in a constant state of transformation."

"Too much knowledge and analysis can be paralysis."

"You have to eat poison or shit in order to taste good things."

– Alejandro González Iñárritu

This isn't real right?

If Michael Keaton stars in the Best Picture winner a 3rd year in a row, I hear that humanity will summon Beetlejuice to host the Oscars indefinitely.

If that happens we might not need gasoline ever again, cars will run on sheer awesomeness.

Keaton went up the stage egregiously chewing gum like a boss and he then ate a cookie while with the gum still in his mouth. Dude just don't give no fuck.

mad max goes down with raging bull and pulp fiction and apocalypse now and goodfellas and alien and all the other classics that didnt win an oscar but will live forever in valhalla

Oersted

Bioshock Infinite was trash though. Game was beautiful, but the gameplay and story is mediocre.
Just like Innaritu's movies.

Are we getting ducktrolled?

Duckroll is part of this image

taZqh6F.jpg

So yeah, treat with care

I can't find the original source for the first quote, but it's all over the web and is widely attributed to Iñárritu.

Quote 2

Quote 3

Well then.

My opinion of him as a person wasn't so bad before seeing this. He was pretty articulate and had pretty interesting opinions in the directors roundtable on The Hollywood Reporter.

He's like the Kanye of directors.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
No huge shockers. When Sam Smith started performing, I figured he would get Best Original Song. I don't understand why that song won, but that was the only time I was confused by a winner.

Rylance for Bridge of Spies was another surprise. I'm happy for him, he's a great actor. I expected Bale or Ruffalo to win that category, but I'm not even mad. He definitely gave the best performance in Bridge of Spies. It was a quieter and subdued performance, but I'm glad they're acknowledging those types too. I think sometimes actors going too big just feels like Oscar bait. I was rooting for Stallone deep down inside.

CloudWolf

Amazing that Bear Story won the animated shirts category. Great Little film, but I'd never expected it to win, especially since it was competing with a Pixar short and a Richard Williams film.

Schryver

Yeah only thing I didn't like was Miller not winning Director (and Sly not winning). I bet the stories of the crew almost dying because of how cold it was helped Innaritu lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Next time, JaseC
JaseC just turned his TV off.

Haha, it's okay; as much as I hoping for an end-of-season upset, I suspected Larson had it in the bag. I can't say she didn't deserve the win, but having finally seen Brooklyn recently, I do feel that Ronan's performance is the better of the two (Tremblay outshines Larson in Room, in my humble opinion).

miserable

so i just started watching the Oscars because i couldn't watch it live, and the first thing Chris Rock says is a black joke. wow, i never saw that coming!

xrnzaaas

I usually ignore the Oscars, but I have to make an exception this year, because I didn't expect that Mad Max would win six (!!!) of them. And he should've gotten a seventh one for the best goddamn visual effects. Congrats to all people behind this project!

studyguy

Did not see Bridge of Spies ever taking best supporting against what it had to deal with... straight out of left field for me personally.

Page 87 when Hardy and Sly both lost is amazing in this thread btw

neoism

My stream died right before they announced best actor :(

same i recoreded it though and even added 15 mintues to the timer...:(

literally the funniest thing on the show was that they put all of the winners thanks at the bottom desperately trying to shorten their acceptance speeches .... still didnt fuckin work..��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom