• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

WINNERS
Spotlight (Best Original Screenplay)
The Big Short (Best Adapted Screenplay)
The Danish Girl (Best Supporting Actress)
Mad Max: Fury Road (Best Costume Design, Best Production Design, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Sound Editing, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Mixing)
The Revenant (Best Cinematography)
Ex Machina (Best Visual Effects)
Bear Story (Best Animated Short Film)
Inside Out (Best Animated Feature)
Bridge of Spies (Best Supporting Actor)

Actors & Actresses
Alicia Vikander (Best Supporting Actress)
>>Mark Rylance (Best Supporting Actor)<<

OSCAR COUNT
Mad Max: Fury Road: 6

Thanks a ton Mimic. This is just excellent. Makes it so easy to digest the winners with all this info consolidated in your post.

Hooray for Mark Rylance. It's really great to see an understated performance win an acting award, especially when it's competing with lifetime achievement sentimentality.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Rylance was great, is this really surprising?

Who saw this film? No one considered him...you want to know why? Sly for his last great film, Tom Brady over a great performance, the Hulk showing great aptitude...who is this lame dude?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You know how there's a bracket buster for March Madness, well Oscar pool of choosing winners just got #rekt

NYR

Rylance only won a BAFTA this award season, he lost to Sly in every other award, that is how much of an upset this is.

LEO JUST SHIT HIS PANTS.

robotrock

Banned
Every morning when I go to take a piss, I always think of Mark Rylance in Spielberg's Bridge of Spies, and say out loud: "STANDING MAN"

What a tremendously exceptional performance that I will never forget.

amaretto

Rylance was great, is this really surprising?

Only to people who get their Oscar news from star fuckers like the Golden Globes.

Rylance damn near swept Supporting Actor & was the front runner for a while way before Sly. It's not that shocking if you followed the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom