• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 88th Academy Awards |OT| Sixth Time's A Charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

Holy shit at this segment.

Anyone think there will be zero black nominees next year? Not a chance with this kind of exposure. Chris Rock is doing some great work.

I know its baby steps considering the past two years of nomination slates, but it would be nice to see some actual diversity beyond white and a smattering of (largely American and British) black actors.Asian actors still get written out of the few roles they had in adapted screenplays (Aloha, The Martian, etc). Black actors from Africa barely ever get spotlighted. Ditto with the middle east.

Ploid 3.0

Tom hardy wins, leo doesnt

Best oscars ever

Wait what, he did? That's funny if so. Poor Leo.

Now I feel like Leo won't win…..
Ah not yet.

What's with the bear gif? Was that during the Oscars? I tried to see if that scene was on youtube but the behind the scenes snips is probably enough. It was recommended to see the movie for the bear fight alone ("leave after").

I'm gonna go against the crowd here, and say Mark Rylance gave the most nuanced, well-rounded performance of the nominees, and this is a deserved win. Stallone already has an Oscar for Rocky anyway.

Totally agree. Rylance was the standout part of Bridge of Spies.

I feel like this is the token "surprise" win, though, of the night. Leo and Brie should probably still win best actor and actress. They may actually give Miller Best Director though.

My feelings are - if Miller gets Best Director, Mad Max is getting Best Picture. Otherwise, it's probably going to Big Short or Spotlight.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
when an actor wins not because of merit, gaf cries because he didn't win because of merit
but when mark rylance wins best supporting actor and deservingly so, gaf cries because muh stallone and his comeback performance

smh gaf

I don't give a shit about Sly.

Ruffalo was fucking robbed.

Haha poor Mark Ruffalo.

dIY2ddH.jpg

Who saw this film? No one considered him...you want to know why? Sly for his last great film, Tom Brady over a great performance, the Hulk showing great aptitude...who is this lame dude?
Holy shit, this killed me... tom brady lmfao

I'm really surprised that Mark Rylance won, but it was totally deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom