• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 89th Academy Awards |OT| La La Land up 3-1, they got this

Status
Not open for further replies.
21-bojack-10.w1200.h630.jpg

Yousefb

Fuck! I literally turned off the tv as they started giving the acceptance speech for La La Land. Completely missed the screw up! Anyone got a link?

Wait what
Well I guess they don't tell the Twitter guys before the awards are handed out, they take it very seriously so they just have all options ready to tweet.

Shook though, gonna be a historical TV moment. Too many people gleeful here though, that must've been horrible for all involved in La La Land whether or not you want to be pretentious about that movie.

Happy Moonlight won, was the last film I saw before the Oscars and absolutely loved it.

Gutek

What the fuck is with all this schadenfreude in here? Great for Moonlight, but La La Land people must feel terrible right now.

Ominym

Banned
If that was staged, that was a really cruel prank to play to the people that worked so hard on La La Land.

It's all fun and games for us, but can you imagine how horrible some of the little guys that got to go up on stage must be feeling?

Yeah, a staged trick like this only works if all involved knew it was coming. Otherwise it'd be pretty cruel.

Nesotenso

the amount of hate that LLL engenders just astounds me. it is like the movie kicked everyone personally in the nuts.
had a feeling Moonlight would win it when LLL got best director.

Natiko

Banned
Congrats to Moonlight, even if it was only the fourth best movie I saw this year. At the very least it was tackling the best topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom